9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Do you have to be Jewish to go to this school? because I might want to enroll, but I don't if I can because I'm not Jewish. I don't go here, but I had to rate it.

MHS is really a very very very good school. I'm a student and i know that the workload is pretty hard and yes, you will have hard tests and a lot of homework, but the school is, in general, amazing! Great, warm, caring teachers; very nice girls from all over; great extracurricular stuff constantly going on; lots of elective choices.... etc. If you're serious about working hard and exceeding amazingly, you should definitely consider going to MHS.

As a parent in the school, I feel that the workload is just insane. Too many of my daughter's friends feel that they can not go to another schools HS play or simply out with their friends for pizza on a Sat. night because they will fall behind on their workloand. Too many parents tell me (sometimes with pride???) that their children spend 5-6 hours a night doing homeworkand cry when Shabbos ends and they know the work begins again. Seems odd that R.Assaf doesn't have voice mail/ email and doesn't always return calls

This is a really academic school. It;s really up to the student to take what they offer and fly with it. APS, honors classes, one of those schools. The girls are all types from different communities; there is nice mixing between the grades. Some have found the administration and/or teachers cold and unyielding. Don't take my word for it. The workload is seriously insane so if you want to go to Harvard then for sure you should apply!! If you are normal like me and my friends, so make sure you know how much you;re gonna work and have no time for extra-curriculular etc stuff. If you like it, go for it!

I'm also a student, and I love MHSG. It's the best place for a girl who really wants to learn and grow, and there are so many different opportunities. Yes it can be very stressful, because we are pushed to excel in literally everything, all the time. But a lot of girls thrive on the pressure, girls who wouldn't be challenged at all in other schools. So do whatever is best for your daughter. If there are family problems or other things that will prevent her from being able to focus on school, she might not do well here. The teachers are amazing- I love many of them, especially Rebbetzin Twerski, Mrs. Stroh, Mrs. Schick (the guidance counselor) and Mrs. Yankelewitz. And the ones that aren't lovable are usually still great teachers in other ways, covering material thoroughly and have good control. Rebbetzin Assaf is tough sometimes and can be seen as cold, but she really loves all of us, and she is so strong about what she believes because she wants the best for us. She knows every single student by name and everything about them, i have no idea how she manages to do that with 200 girls. The girls who are the best in this school have good study skills, and are smart, and well rounded. I love this school and hope that you will send your daughter here!

As the sole student who is offering thier opinion on this website I would like to admit that the MHSG experience was not as pleasant fo me as these parents are making it sound. Granted the education and culture offered are hard to find elsewhere, but the school lacks warmth and sincerity. The teachers are very nice but keep themselves at a distance and the administration prides themselves on their cold attitudes. I had many friends of all intellegance levels who would have breakdowns every month because of the workload and pressure put on them. I made excllent friends in the school and there may be some who love it, but do your research before sending a loved one to this school.

I definitely believe the hashkofah is excellent and the learning experiance your child will receive is the best there is in a girls school . I at first hesitated in sending my daughter there but after 4 yrs of being there you can see the results

Last modified Manhattan High School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades 9-12