/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted April 02, 2012
This school is excellent! My son has been in school since prep 3 and he has excelled so much. The class sizes are very small which almost equates to a one on one education. It almost as if my son is in his current grade and the next. He is pre-k now and he is doing way more than a lot of other per-kindergartners I know. I find several flaws, however the academics outweigh them except for the lack of technology and extra-curricular activities. And one other thing.... The whole staff is African American... from the principles to the teachers. Oh... and one last things... they use to accept children as infants but the state came in and told them that they teach too much, hmmmmmm speaks volumes.

Posted August 03, 2009
My daughter has attended the Kings Academy since the tender age of 8mos. and she is now 5. She has always beddn well cared for there and the education is phenomal!

King's Academy 3

Posted March 01, 2009
My son has attended since age 2. Pre K thru Kindergarten is where the school's strength lies. He learned all the basic stuff for reading and writing. I took him out at grade 2.6. He went to Sylvan for an assessment and was found to be on grade level. However, they need add'l staff at this time to be able to give the 1st grade and up, a full day's work. H.W. has decreased as well. They are a family run school and parent involvment is out of the question. They don't allow you to see the class in action, nor do they allow you behind the 'closed doors'. They don't have any extracurricular activities, Gym nor computers. They are well priced and are open 7:15 through 5:45. Late pick-up fees are extremely high. And they enforce them as well. You can schedule an appointment with the teachers at any time.

King's Academy

Posted January 30, 2009
I attended the King's Academy for 17 years, and its a wonderful school. It may be a small school, but you get that one on one time with the teacher to get a better understanding of the work. It's safe, the teachers care about you, and you meet wonderful children. I learned everything in this school from the Bible to Algebra. Till this day I am still affiliated with my teachers by attending the church. All i can say is if you want your child to get that one on one education, be in safe place, not in over crowded school, and get all the basics they need even the bible you should send them to The King's Academy.

King's Academy 4

Posted July 11, 2007
My child attended kings academy for two years. I am still impressed by what she learned. They provided an excellent foundation. Unfortunately, I had to take her out due to our relocating. This school is very nurturing.

Posted February 20, 2007
Excellent school with extremely caring teachers. The curriculum is geared to excellence without pressure.

Posted May 02, 2006
My daughter started this school in Novemember and I have seen a tremendous improvement with her social skills. I am very please with the King's Academy.

Posted April 25, 2006
If you are looking for a school which has a religious foundation the King's Academy is that school. I have a child in kindergarten and he excels due impart to the emphasis on reading, writing, and arithmatic, as well as having respect for himself and others.

King's Academy 3

Posted August 28, 2005
good school; circulum is really good, however I wish that the school had a gym for the kids as well as hot lunch for the children. school does not have computer in classroom. If I had to rate the school on a scale of 1 to 10. I would give it an 8 because I do feel that both my children are receiving a good education.

King's Academy 1

Posted May 02, 2004
This school has an excellent curriculum, but the way it is taught isn't the best. This school has one extracurricular activity and that is volleyball. The students don't even get gym uniforms. The net is ripped and droopy. The ball has patches missing in it. It is horrible but overall it might be a good school for your children.

King's Academy