PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I was a past student I don't know how the school performs currently in the past it was not fair do to the fact that many teachers were inexperienced

Amount of homework: Disagree

Students are overwhelmed with useless homework while the teachers don't teach a thing. Catholic school for many teachers is a hangout

Nice school, but does not prepare students for high school as well as it should be. I am a former student and I attended one of the top high schools in New York state. All the best teachers (Mrs. Bonus, Mrs. Quichton, Mr. Steinmuller), are all retired. HCJ did not prepare me well. I had trouble adjusting to the work. Bullying and discrimination goes on inside the classrooms. People who are in love with the school might say otherwise, but I speak from first-hand experience. I felt I would have been happier in another school. I went to high school unprepared and with low self-esteem, but thankfully I was very happy with my high school. The school also should look into offering the Regents Exams.

I go to this school the teachers are so mean they scream at you for no reason. For example mrs.z one of the 6th grade teacher is very bad she is very mean and gives so much homework. One time I fell off the stairs because the bag was so heavy

My children all attended Holy Child, two are still students at the school. My three older children were extremely well-prepared for high school, and were admitted to Stuyvesant, Bronx Science, Brooklyn Tech and LaGuardia, as well as top Catholic high schools. Holy Child has really expanded their "extra" programs in the last few years, and now has an amazing art program, music program, ballroom dancing, CYO sports program (basketball, volleyball and track), computer graphics, band, choir, foreign language, after school program, tutoring, science fair and more -- it's a safe and caring environment for kids and an all around great school.

Barely adequate in preparing students for a competitive high school, but meets expectations if your alternative is public school. There should be a greater emphasis on academics.

Provided a basic, core education - not a lot of elective or extracurricular activities offered at the time I attended.

Holy Child Jesus School provides my boys with a great education. The children of this school are very impressive, and are extremely respectful to the faculty, the parents, and most importantly, to each other. I work in NYC close to a NYC public high school. Every day I am flabbergasted at how disrespectful these high school students are at one another and the adults that pass by them. I thank my lucky stars that the students at Holy Child Jesus learn discipline and respect at home and at school. The children understand that when you treat each other with respect, you earn respect. The children at HCJ School are the future, and I am confident that all they learn from their parents, the faculty, and one another, will lead them to a successful future.

A wonderful school that instills values like hard work, honesty, and self-respect

I am a student there and I believe that it is a great school. The services aren't like a public school. The students learn a lot with a variety of subjects. It also has honor roll, Aquinas, etc. I love to be at that school. ~7th grader, Gianna

Last modified Holy Child Jesus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8