Holy Child Jesus School 3

Posted September 16, 2014
Nice school, but does not prepare students for high school as well as it should be. I am a former student and I attended one of the top high schools in New York state. All the best teachers (Mrs. Bonus, Mrs. Quichton, Mr. Steinmuller), are all retired. HCJ did not prepare me well. I had trouble adjusting to the work. Bullying and discrimination goes on inside the classrooms. People who are in love with the school might say otherwise, but I speak from first-hand experience. I felt I would have been happier in another school. I went to high school unprepared and with low self-esteem, but thankfully I was very happy with my high school. The school also should look into offering the Regents Exams.

Holy Child Jesus School 2

Posted June 05, 2013
I go to this school the teachers are so mean they scream at you for no reason. For example mrs.z one of the 6th grade teacher is very bad she is very mean and gives so much homework. One time I fell off the stairs because the bag was so heavy

Posted March 17, 2013
My children all attended Holy Child, two are still students at the school. My three older children were extremely well-prepared for high school, and were admitted to Stuyvesant, Bronx Science, Brooklyn Tech and LaGuardia, as well as top Catholic high schools. Holy Child has really expanded their "extra" programs in the last few years, and now has an amazing art program, music program, ballroom dancing, CYO sports program (basketball, volleyball and track), computer graphics, band, choir, foreign language, after school program, tutoring, science fair and more -- it's a safe and caring environment for kids and an all around great school.

Holy Child Jesus School 3

Posted June 01, 2011
Barely adequate in preparing students for a competitive high school, but meets expectations if your alternative is public school. There should be a greater emphasis on academics.

Holy Child Jesus School 0

Posted May 11, 2010
Holy Child Jesus School provides my boys with a great education. The children of this school are very impressive, and are extremely respectful to the faculty, the parents, and most importantly, to each other. I work in NYC close to a NYC public high school. Every day I am flabbergasted at how disrespectful these high school students are at one another and the adults that pass by them. I thank my lucky stars that the students at Holy Child Jesus learn discipline and respect at home and at school. The children understand that when you treat each other with respect, you earn respect. The children at HCJ School are the future, and I am confident that all they learn from their parents, the faculty, and one another, will lead them to a successful future.

Holy Child Jesus School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
A wonderful school that instills values like hard work, honesty, and self-respect

Posted February 12, 2007
I am a student there and I believe that it is a great school. The services aren't like a public school. The students learn a lot with a variety of subjects. It also has honor roll, Aquinas, etc. I love to be at that school. ~7th grader, Gianna

Holy Child Jesus School 1

Posted November 06, 2006
Holy Child Jesus school is a copy of public school in a more 'private way'. Meaning that parents pay a lot of money to send their children to a private school but have the service of a public school. Examples: in a class there are 28 children which it should be less than 20 for the price parents are paying. No one on one interaction with students. A teacher prefers a child who does not speak than a child who ask questions about his work. I regret, as a parent to have send my child into this school. Hopefully, next year my child will be in a better school. one that cares for my child, furthermore, cares for his learning. Also, some children uses bad words and if someone is telling on them teachers do not say anything, specially if the other students is known in the school.

Holy Child Jesus School 4

Posted June 21, 2006
Great school; strict - concerned about Children's progress. Limited on music programs such as choir; parent involvement is very much asked for.

Posted April 05, 2006
A excellent Catholic school with lots of extras, gym, band ,spanish 2nd lang, honor program, science fair, school dances, mass, etc. I am thrilled with the faculty and all the sports and activities Holy Child Has to offer. I like the fact that there is a gym and a lunchroom, Supermarket Bingo and Breakfast with Santa are something my family looks forward to every year.

Holy Child Jesus School
111-02 86th Avenue, New York, NY  11418
Last modified Holy Child Jesus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Child Jesus School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top