/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted May 28, 2014
Great leadership at this school. Small, supportive learning environment. Parents are very involved which helps support the programs that the school needs.

Posted May 23, 2014
the computer school is first rate. they are very involved in my son's education and we communicate 3-5 times per week.

Posted June 04, 2013
This school is well-run, operates from a clear purpose and a set of principles that are consistent, and recognizes the individuality of every student. Henry Zymek is a first-rate principal who amazes with his knowledge of each an every student. Sara Sloves is a parent coordinator from heaven. And the teachers are top-rate. Diversity is not just a catch phrase in this school, it is a priority. I'm very happy we chose Computer School.

Posted October 22, 2011
I absolutely love the Computer School--to render it a schooling facility feels nearly inadequate, for it has such a wonderful community feel alongside the general high academic standard set for us students. I joined this year and couldn't have a higher overall opinion. The children are friendly in general, and the teachers are willing to work with you in order to allow you and your parents to understand whatever grade you may receive and not only how to raise it, but how to improve your overall understanding of the subject. It's marvelous, uplifting--searching for an appropriate enough adjective would be tedious and impossible, but believe me, if you're looking for a strong program with the ability to send any child into a substantial high school, then MS 245 (more commonly referred to as the Computer School) is the right place for you!

Posted July 18, 2011
I love the school. My child is entering 8th grade and the past two years were wonderful. Teacher and administration are very involved and seem to know every kid. They have a zero tolerance for all types of bad behavior expecially bullying or any physical aggression.

Ms 245 The Computer School 1

Posted May 02, 2011
Why on Earth didn't the Administration know when the State ELA tests were being taken this year? Why are the guidance counselors having a High School information session the evening before the State Math test? Why is Science HW being assigned the day beofore the ELA tests? Maddening!!

Posted February 08, 2011
It was either Delta or Computer School for my kids. They chose the school that felt better, more like a community. And they're not disappointed. The standards are high, the school spirit is great, the kids are there to learn and enjoy being part of a community, and the faculty is excellent, led by dynamic and accessible Principal Zymeck.

Posted January 25, 2010
I transferred from Delta here. At Delta I got 95's. When I entered this school I was shocked on how great and normal social aspects of the school can be but how it can also stimulate education even more so than delta. I was more challenged to think outside of the box and I was graded fairer in computer school, not to mention the school spirit and the social aspects of the school surpass delta by far. I can't think of a way Computer School could be better.

Ms 245 The Computer School 0

Posted January 17, 2009
Everything about the Computer School has been great. The teachers are caring and always available. My son absolutely loves this school.

Posted March 08, 2008
We've also been very happy with this school. The student body is varied and yet very well-knit. The teachers also go to whatever lengths to help their students. I could not have chosen a better school to attend.

Ms 245 The Computer School
100 West 77th Street, New York, NY  10024
Last modified Ms 245 The Computer School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ms 245 The Computer School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top