/ School Profile
New York, NY
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted July 08, 2014
This school is great. There are a handful of kids who need to get kicked out, but other than the that the school is fine. There are many clubs you can join, teachers give you one-on-one attention. The students are always engaged and over 96% of them attend class each day. This past year 2014, over 90% of seniors graduated on time. That is great! The school has been improving over the last few years and it's all up hill from here. A few things like principal involvement with students and teachers can be improved with the principal getting out her office a little more then once a week to scream at students. Other than that the 9 out of 10.

Posted January 27, 2014
This school is absolutely great! I love going to school everyday. The teachers are extremely helpful and will give you one-on-one attention if you need it. Everyone knows everyone so it's very easy to make friends since it's a small school. The school offers many things as well as after school clubs and activities. They also help you prepare for college and lead you down the right path. The work challenges you and it's good for our developing brains. This is school is really good and I highly recommend it to anyone. (Currently a student)

Life Sciences Secondary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
Freshmen at the school and I really like it. Different classes and very helpful teachers. Very happy I picked it.

Posted September 07, 2013
We, the teachers work hand in hand with students who need the extra boost or the motivation to finish a given task. Being a teacher is a hard job but working at LSSS makes it less of a job and more of a fun experience.

Life Sciences Secondary School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
My school is great. I love it the teachers and staff are very supportive and very friendly. It's small and the people you meet there are people you really just want to stay friends with after high school. The only down side fore as a high schooler (and I may be being a little bias) is the middle schoolers they are so annoying and so rude. But other then that I love everything about it. It's summer right now and I just can't wait to go back to school. (Currently a Student)

Posted June 28, 2013
I'm a student currently going to this school and I enjoy this school, it has improved a lot during the years, the teachers are helpful I love my a.p classes I would recommend applying to this school.

Posted May 31, 2012
I attend this school and I cannsay that its horrible,I couldn't feel more sorry for the teachers.Teachers feel uneasy with their boss. The principal,barely in school, she doesnt really care about the students. Her image comes before any students problems. However the teachers, well some, are very nice, funny and fun, although their creativeness is restricted to a limit. The principal doesn't know what creativeness is. There are barely any after school programs to go to. The school lacks serious order and by that I mean it is time to change the principal to a real creative, caring, honest and helpful one.*hint * choose one of the teachers. Another thing that drives me crazy is the current guidance counselor whose last name starts with a C and ends with a s. She is very unhelpful, rude, a definite kiss up to her bosses and should retire. Every time we go to ask her a question we must have our guidance folder or she will close the door on us. If its not in order we have to stay there putting it in order. If we ask a question she asks it back at you and never answers and she gets into ur business looking for problems when there aren't any. DON'T ATTEND THIS SCHOOL YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Posted October 17, 2011
I graduated from here in 2009. Amazing teachers but horrible principal and assistant principal so therefore the school is a mess and teachers can not exercise there full potential. The principal has no interest in the student so the students are not interested In school. I had enough credits to graduate a year early I only needed to take 2 more classes which she refused to allow me to do. I later learned she didn't let me graduate early because her graduation percentage for that year would have been lower since I wasnt graduating with my year. What a shame all she cares about is her image. Not to mention lunch periods are horrible packed hot and wild, but they refuse to let students out for lunch. Also there uniform policy is ridiculous if you are not wearing there school logo shirt you will miss an entire day of school. On the last day before school was out for the summer everyone came out of uniform and they had about 60 students (everyone who showed up for the last HALF DAY) and kept us all in one small class room packed together with not enough seats while they called our parents to come pick us up. the administration has no idea how to run a school properly and it's a shame.

Posted September 27, 2011
I guess Im not the only one who feels this school is not providing the proper education to the students. Leadership in this school is lacking, and many of the students do what they want. There are no rules, students use cell phones in the school (look in Facebook), use foul language in front of teachers (ask your children), cut classes in the bathrooms , and for some reason students are seen around the neighborhood before school ends(ask the people who live there). Its sad to know that no one who works in the school has taken any kind of responsibility to notice these things.

Life Sciences Secondary School 2

Posted May 30, 2009
This school has a lot of potential, however there is no moral among the students and the parents. The teaching staff is dedicated and are of the highest caliber with a few exceptions who are allowed to continue to teach. Some members of the guidance staff are not fulfilling their roles putting the burden on the students and their parents. Too often the students schedules are created lacking lunch periods. The lunchroom is inadequate and the students are not allowed to go out to eat more adequate meals and there is no gym. Too many times I had to take off from work to make sure my child was not slipping through the cracks.School correspondence is often mailed after the event has taken place or not at all. With corrective measures this could be a really good school.

Life Sciences Secondary School
320 East 96th Street, New York, NY  10128
Last modified Life Sciences Secondary School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Life Sciences Secondary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top