/ School Profile
New York, NY
After care: No
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

If you know any young person who wants to earn a high school diploma while working on an internship, JVL Wildcat Academy may be for you! Transfer applications are available for September. We offer a safe, welcoming, non-violent environment for all. Participate in student activities, trips, team sports, college trips, etc. while going to classes & working a 20-hour per week internship on alternate weeks: Hone your journalism, computer graphics or photography skills on the school newspaper or yearbook. Sample the work world with assignments in retail, health care, manufacturing, office support, animal care & welfare, community development, law & criminal justice, education, marketing & business, etc. Or learn about the restaurant business at our in-house culinary program. You must have previously attended high school to transfer. Lottery applications are now being accepted for Fall 2014 admission. For students with more than 20 credits, call our Battery Place campus Admissions at 212-209-6006 or drop by for an application (17 Battery Place, first floor, corner of West St). All other students call our Hunts Point campus Admissions at 212-209-6119 or come in for an application (1239 Lafayette Ave, corner of Barretto St).
June 6, 2014

Posted July 09, 2014
One thing I will tell you about myself was that I was a Diamond in the rough. I was pretty tough, " you know that girl that thought she knew it all ." But i didn't learn nothing or seen nothing until i got to wildcats. The staff members was no one to play with and they was just as tough, but so sweet underneath. I guess it was all and act but it worked . It took me 6 long years to finally graduate .Thats was only because I choose to take my Time Getting out but they stuck with me the whole way through not letting me give up on my self and by not giving up on me . They showed me it was more out there in the world...........( i would always tell the young girls who would come there don't fool around pay attention you could be out faster then you think) and its true sometimes i look back and say i wished i would of just did what i had to do so I would of been out by 17. Then again I'm grateful b/c it was time that I needed in order to grow. I graduated at 20 and now i am College studying towards my Nursing Degree. One Day ill be Successful enough to give back to this school what they gave to me, so others like me can continue to spread there wings to. Thank you Wildcats !!!!!

Posted October 29, 2012
My name is Jordan Temple and I am a 2008 graduate of The Wildcat Academy. Wildcat Academy helped me during a very tumultuous time in my life. I was seventeen years old and had been to four high schools prior, but only had fifteen credits to show for it. I was adrift in my studies, and felt completely disenchanted with anything that school had to offer. Needless to say I could not see myself completing high school or attending College in the foreseeable future. Wildcat was a life saver. I completed my credits in the winter of 2008 and in the same month attended a Community College in Syracuse. It hasn't been an easy ride since, after dropping out for a year, but after completing an AmeriCorps program I went back to school and am currently in my final semester at LaGuardia Community College with a 3.3 G.P.A. Because of the resilience that the incredible staff at Wildcat Academy displayed me as they showed up for me day after day and pushed me towards graduation I can muster up my own. I plan on transferring to Queens College and majoring in Applied Linguistics in the summer. Thank you to all of the teachers and staff. You all left an indelible impression in my life.

Posted June 04, 2012
My name is Wykeithia Smalls and I am a 2009 graduate. Not only did Wildcat give me a second chance, they have given me a 3rd chance. I graduated a month before I had turned 20 and if it wasn't for Wildcat, I would not be where I am today (In BMCC with a 3.5 GPA). They don't just teach you, they help you learn. All the staff members knew every name of every student. We weren't just students and teachers, we were family. Everyone cared for everyone and wanted everyone to succeed. It's still like that until today because when I go visit I see it. No matter what the student is going through, they help you get through it. They don't give up on any student. Classes are small, there's always individual help, and they prepare you for college. This school is incredible. It's so incredible that I personally recommended many of my friends to go there and they have. Some graduated and others didn't but regardless, Wildcat helped. I pray that Wildcat is here when my niece and nephew gets older because I'm sending them there. Once again, without the dedication of this school, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Posted August 18, 2008
I am an Alumni of this school and I can tell you from xperience; that JVL Academy is the complete best! I entered with nearly half as many credits for my grade level and trouble without anyone caring. JVL Staff helped build a brighter future and I feel as though I owe my sucess to them!

Posted June 19, 2008

John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School 0

Posted May 19, 2008
I am a wildcat Alumni, class of 03'. This school is a great opportunity for youth to attain their high school diploma. The skills I acquired at Wildcat prepared me to enter college. I thank the teachers at Wildcat for giving me the skills that have helped me to be focused on accomplishing my goals. I have an AS degree from Laguardia Community College and am working on attain my BA from Baruch College. Thank You John V. Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School.

Posted August 17, 2007
- a staff

Posted May 15, 2007
My son entered the school in September of 2006 and I could not be more pleased with the results. The pairing of academics one week and internship the other week have been a great source of responsibility building for him. And the teachers and guidance staff are always available for conference. We truly feel John V. Lindsay Wildcat Academy was the right choice for our son.

Posted January 06, 2007

John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School
17 Battery Pl, first floor, New York, NY  10004
Last modified John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John V Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top