East Side Middle School 3

Posted August 01, 2014
This school has a sibling policy. It is not official but if your child has an older sib attends ESMS, don't fret, your younger child will get in. Great for parents who don't want to stress about having their kids at different schools. I've seen many examples of this at ESMS.

Posted April 04, 2014
My daughter attends ESMS and is now in 7th grade. She is getting the best education possible in a very caring environment. Go tigers - roar!

East Side Middle School 4

Posted May 19, 2013
My son graduated ESMS last year. He had exceptional experiences there that will remain with him for the rest of his life! The teachers are very nurturing and caring, the student body very tight, and the academics are very good! Indeed, the administration seems to know every kid on a first name basis. The english/humanities programs here are unrivalled and are top notch. The math program is good but there is room for improvement since admissions to specialized high schools is good but not great and is directly related to STEM initiatives. The science is soft and reminds me of physics for poets (limited quantification). Overall, a great public school education compared to other D2 choices!

East Side Middle School 0

Posted October 18, 2010
My older daughter graduated last ytear and now I have a 6th grader. I am very pleased with the evel of education our kids recieve. Additionally, the integrity of the administration and the teachers is exactly what I look for for the kids.

East Side Middle School 1

Posted February 24, 2010

Posted February 03, 2010

Posted January 23, 2010
I'm a 7th grader at ESMS, it's the best middle school in the world and I love it!

Posted December 16, 2009
I go to ESMS, and I'm an 8th grader this year. I love it! Everyone, even the teachers, are nice and have a sense of humor...it's a very small school, but that's what I love about it; everybody knows everybody. The math program is very challenging and successful. I have learned so much in this school.

Posted December 14, 2009
ESCS has great extracurriculars and great education it s an all around great school

Posted November 14, 2009
I love ESMS, I'll definitely miss it as I graduate this year. I look forward to the new school building and the lockers even though I might not get to see it. Besides the crowded hallways, ESMS is perfect.

East Side Middle School
331 E 91st St, New York, NY  10028
Last modified East Side Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Side Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top