Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

The Clinton School teachers and staff are exceptional. I have a 6th and 8th grader in the middle school and have been very pleased with what the children learn, how they learn and the environment in which they are being taught. My child is looking forward to continuing in the Clinton High School next year.

This school is a gem! It is a model school that is nurturing and supportive of the the creative arts and academics. There should be more schools like Clinton. My son is happy to go to school, he feels challenged in all academic subjects, and feels successful and accomplished at the end of the day. NYC is very lucky to have a school like Clinton.

The school is really nice and the school atmosphere is very secure too! The involvement of parents is also noticeable.

I'm on my second child at this school, and we have been very pleased! It is a warm and nurturing place, but definitely academically rigorous. We haven't loved every teacher, but for the most part they are excellent. The principal is very strong and has great ideas, including a plan to expand to a 6-12 school when it moves to the Union Square area in fall 2015. The school had very good success in placing kids in high schools of their choice last year, and has made steady improvement in that regard. I wholeheartedly recommend this school to any student who is serious about academics and loves the arts!

Even with the constraints of a New York City public school, this is an excellent middle school. The math and science teachers provide interesting and rigorous courses. They had 2 Regent level courses (more than almost all specialized HS "feeder" schools, even the ones that admit only through testing.) The ELA and social studies courses provide writing opportunities (with helpful feedback) as well as develop critical thinking. The administration supports teachers who take it upon themselves to push harder than NYC schools require. The guidance counsellor is knowledgeable, helpful and (unlike almost all public schools) accessible to parents. I do not hesitate to recommend this school, even above the schools in nearby Chelsea which admit by testing.

I have been a teacher for the past 7 years, but this is my first year teaching at Clinton. In my first 3 months here, I have been amazed with the students. Students are very supportive of each other and overall, extremely positive. Across the board, teachers hold students to very high standards, and students respond by meeting those standards. Current parents and prospective parents should come in and observe classes, as I believe it will show overall what a positive environment and culture has been developed here. I have really appreciated how Principal Levin (and AP Ms. Goett) are often popping into classes and in the hallways. They have a hands on approach that serves the small school community well. Although this is my first year, I have not been aware of the complaints that surfaced last year. I believe that Principal Levin has shown a great propensity to listen to teachers and parents and grow into a stronger leader of this school.

The building that is school is in now on 33rd street used to be an all girl high school. It was my high school and while I mourn the loss of St. Michael Academy and never being able to go back there to visit, I am so happy to read the reviews of the new school there. MS 260 sounds like is carries the spirit of SMA in its support of its students and it's thrive for excellence. The only thing lacking in SMA was its artistic department so it is fitting that MS 260 is for writers and artist! I hope this school is here for years to come and I hope the new students and parents enjoy our beautiful building, take care of it, it holds many memories.

Love this school! My daughter was having a hard time academically and in adjusting to a new school where she knew no one. The teachers, guidance counselor and assistant principal were very responsive when I requested a meeting. I was able to address my concerns, they listened attentively and really cared. As a result, they understood more of the challenges my daugher was having and helped her to integrate academically and socially. All this was last year and she did well at the end of the school year. This year she's also doing much better, has friends, doing better academically (this is the first year she didn't need extended day) and feels good about herself. Thank you to the professionals who took the time to care and help make all the difference in a young girls life!

Great teachers, terrific principal, great visual arts program, dedicated parent association, and now, a beautiful new building

Last modified Ms 260 Clinton School Writers And Artists is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.