Bad
Good

Posted September 26, 2013
ME has a wonderful music program. My son learned how to play an instrument and read music while he was at ME. Now he spends most of his free time composing! Thanks ME!

Posted June 04, 2011
I wonder why you chose to pie the math teacher. be honest how much do you love the sixth grade math teacher. be honest now! ha ha

Posted May 20, 2011
i am currently in sixth grade at manhattan east. and i LOVE it so much. i live all the way in the bronx. its hard to go to school there, the traveling and everything. but its completely worth it. i didn't think so at first, but i made so many great and amazing friends. they may have a soccer team, and theres art, drama, dance, jewelry making and so on. the only thing thats annoying is walking up 5 flights of stairs, and being on top of two really bad schools. i love this school. the staff is very nice, lovable and comforting. everyone feels like a big family. my class, 6J, say we're a big happy family. the staff feels like a second family. the school feels lie a home. i love you manhattan east, i wish i could stay there forever. i espeicially liked when we got to pie the teachers. i got to pie my math teacher. :D <3

Posted March 01, 2011
I am currently in the 8th grade at Manhattan East and i cannot wait to get out of this school. There are some fantastic teachers but over the last 3 years, our best 5 teachers have left. I have heard rumors that the teacher tht is currently the best at ME is planning on leaving. We are now faced with half of the teachers just not being able to teach. Dont get me wrong, there are some very very very good teachers! but there are some teachers that just bring the school down completely. On top of that, the principal covers up things, cannot control the students, and when she punishes us, she goes way overboard in a way that will not benefit us at all. She is NOT a good principal. The only reason that parents have the illusion of the school being good when they visit on tours is because the students know how to act and so do the parents. For example, the tours almost always happen when my class is in spanish. We do not respect the teacher at all, and he can never control us and he never teaches us so we are out of control. When the tours come in, we know how to sit quietly, listen to the teacher, and pay attention and to do our work.

Posted March 01, 2011
(continuation of the last post tht started with "I am currently in the 8th grade at Manhattan East) There are many many druggies at ME, mostly 8th grade, but sometimes 7th. There is a LOT of bullying going on at the school, and at the end of last year, a student left because she had gotten in a disagreement at the beginning of the 6th grade. A rumor was made about her that everyone knew was false, yet they continued bullying her just for the fun of bullying someone. The list of complaints fo on and on, but I hope that this is enough to convince 5th graders going to 6th NOT to come to this school. It may seem like a very good school, but in the few years I've been here, this school has gone downhill a lot.

Posted May 12, 2010
Great school, awesome place! Anyone who comes here will absolutely love this school. It should recieve 10 stars for it's amazingness! I highly recommend it to any students grades 6-8.

Ms 224 Manhattan East School For Arts And Academy

Posted November 14, 2009
I really adore manhattan east! it has really great academics, and our teachers really push us to do our best. we really are the best school ever.. Go Bulldogs!

Posted September 11, 2009
My daughter graduated from Manhattan East and has gone on to a specialized high school. she has been placed in all honors classes and 2nd year Spanish, based on placement tests that the high school gave her, so, I have to say, I think Manhattan East prepared her well. More importantly, she had a wonderful middle school experience at Manhattan East. She established great friendships with students and with teachers, she became a proficient musician, and she had a lot of fun. My older daughter also attended Manhattan East and had a great experience as well. (I will say that the math and science departments have improved significantly since she was there.) It's a great little school.

Ms 224 Manhattan East School For Arts And Academy 4

Posted September 10, 2009
I really like Manhattan East. The school is just what it is advertised to be; it has a challenging academic curriculum and includes the arts in many ways. The children who attend are privileged.

Posted April 06, 2009
Manhattan East School is a terrific and wondrous include the teachers and of the Principal Mrs.Sarro. I'm currently a new student at the school and so far the academic is excellent. I have more challenge just like I aways excepted my school to be. The only problem is certain students who don't get along with others. But I still love it especially the electives where you have the opportunity of doing what you enjoy doing.

Ms 224 Manhattan East School For Arts And Academy
410 East 100th Street, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Ms 224 Manhattan East School For Arts And Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.