Bad
Good

Hardworking, caring and dedicated teachers. Very welcoming learning environment. My child did not know any french when he started at the school three years ago, he is currently speaking and understanding french very well. The school has an excellent after school program with suitable hours for working parents, extra curricular activities and homework help for non native french speakers. Situated in a quiet and safe neighborhood. The school has great leadership steering it in the right direction. ***I am appreciative of the effort and the extra mile the school goes to ensure that every child is getting a good quality bilingual education for free.***

staff members are rely involved in our children education , they tried to do they best but is our obligation to by part of this effort if we work together big things can happen. Don't forget is the second house for our children and we have to be part of that. God bless you all. Elva.

The revolving door with leadership has done nothing to improve the school. This year's test scores were among the lowest of not just charter schools, but all schools in NYC. The lack of consistency in curriculum, staff, teachers seriously concerns me, and I am looking to pull my child out as quickly as I can.

They fired the teachers with experience and credentials and promoted assistants without certification. They are making up the curriculum as they go.

Harlem Day had really strict rules about fighting. If your kid was in a fist fight they would have been suspended. This school gets better every day.

My son was in a fist fight yesterday and no teacher stopped it. All the kids watched and screamed. There teachers got no experiance and the school keeps changing them and a new teacher is in charge every other month.

My son was punched in the head by another student and there were no consequences for the other student. This school is not safe. We are looking at Promise Academy.

Hi my daughter attebded 4th grade at Harlem Day amd i love her school and teacher ,the teaher helps my daughter excel ,and help her learned to the fullest not but the least to motivated her as well, go HDCS!!!!!!

My son left the school without telling his teachers today and no one knew where he was. Who is in charge?

My son is a student at HDCS. He's in third grade now but has been there since kindergardern I wanna give a high five to all the staff for encouraging my son to strive for excellence.He has really come a long way. Thanx HDCS Fatima Barber

Last modified Harlem Day Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.