/ School Profile

Posted April 06, 2014
Great school for my son and also appreciate the student-teacher-parent relationship. After school program can use some work.

Posted March 20, 2014
my family was SO lucky to find this school. as latecomers, it was initially an accident, but now we truly feel we have a home here. my daughter's teacher, mrs alexander, has decades of experience and has already taught my daughter so much. she has been a real help to me, helping me find learning tools best for my daughter. the principal, mr hosang, has been tremendously helpful and even stops to check in on my child in her classroom. all the staff here has been warm, friendly and helpful above and beyond to my family. I look forward to my son attending this school when he's old enough. finding this school has been the most useful tool to me as a parent thus far.

Ps 64 Robert Simon 2

Posted February 14, 2014
This school isn't rated 2 of 10 for nothing. But the Teachers honestly do their very best to encourage the students that want to learn. New regulations, changes in administration, even a dress code (which most families openly ignore). My child has been here for three years, each day wears the "required" school required uniform, does homework on time, works hard and remains one of few children that do. Parents are far from involved, most of the "involved" parents or "promising" children are only there to await a space in Earth School (in the same building) or some other placement. We wanted to keep her here in support of local public schools, and a general distain for overpriced private education in the city. However increasing student bullying and growing concern for the lack of improvement in the school has persuaded us that it is time to move our child to another district altogether.

Posted September 30, 2013
P.S.64 It a great community school the Principal and staff always help and friendly. always there to answer your questions. I like the fact that the school has a old tradition way of teaching.

Posted September 10, 2013
We are a second generation of students at P.S 64. I was only in Kindergargen when I attended. My older son graduated from P.S 64 when Mrs. Litrico was Principal and now is in High School at Chelsea MBA. His fondest memories was of Mrs. Archangelo a new Mom now as well as me. My little one is now graduating and he also is very grateful to have Mrs. Archangelo a great teacher and now Vice President and Mr Hosang Principal as his leaders of P.S 64 by Tomkins Square in the Village. In all the years I have been a part of this great school, The Principle rule was to show up. Bring your concerns even if you become that squeaky wheel you are a voice and your better understood. Sign up for SLT you'd be amazed how not only attending PTA but including yourself in enhancing the education of your children will be. I am a proud Mother of two wonderful boys who got there first start at PS64. They deserve to win.

Posted July 11, 2012
Great school and my child has made a difference. I'm so happy that this is the first school who work with the parents closely on their child progress. As for the PTA they always welcome the parent and they facilitate the helpful information also. As a parent I participate instead of complaining. A parent is the voice of your child. I highly recommend this school.

Ps 64 Robert Simon 3

Posted July 06, 2012
First off i must say my children went and still go to this school because it is a convenience, at one point this was a perfect school but it is going down hill starting with the office staff they need to be trained all they do is yell at the kids it's disturbing they talk like they come straight from the street they are not educated at all. As for the PTA if there weren't so many restrictions then parents would get involved, and the Principal i really dont know how to pin point him he plays both sides he acts like he is out to help a parent then goes behind their backs, he hires teachers who are not friendly orientated and blames the parent for not understanding their ways. If it werent for my child almost graduating and being so familiar with everyone i would take my child out !

Posted July 05, 2012
The teachers are all excellent. They are genuinely concerned for their students. The PTA continues to struggle with parent participation, although it has gotten better over the years. I think that the lack of parental involvement continues to be a challenge and a barrier to student progress. The PTA has tried to engage more parents through various activities. However, participation is still lacking. There are a number of parents who complain a lot about the school administration but don't participate in the PTA or SLT to make things better.

Ps 64 Robert Simon 2

Posted July 04, 2012
This school COULD be great with the proper leadership. It USED to have a wonderful reputation and increasing progress. Since the current administration has taken over it is a downhill journey. The principal's agenda is focused on pettiness and attacking staff. He knows very little about how to actually educate students. It is sad. The teachers that work there don't even send their own kids to this school. What does that tell you?

Ps 64 Robert Simon 3

Posted March 19, 2012
This school is fortunate to have such good teacher. The administration needs to step up and make the office staff accountable for being more professional towards parents and students. He needs to welcome parents as volunteers. And he is not very good with follow thru when he is approached with concerns. This is a neighborhood school it is sad to see that in our neighborhood so many of our schools have low grades. I hope Mr Housan can bring this school up. I gave it 3 stars average because of its teaching staff...

Ps 64 Robert Simon
600 East 6th Street, New York, NY  10009
Last modified Ps 64 Robert Simon is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 64 Robert Simon Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top