/ School Profile

Posted July 24, 2014
This school is a wonderful community school. Every staff member is very professional and very caring. They all are so pleasant and friendly.

Posted June 24, 2014
Esta es la mejor escuela del mundo 3 de mis hijos se graduaron de esta escuela. Mi hijo mas pequeno viaja del bronx porque a el le encanta su escuela y los maestros. Mi hijo se siente seguro y apoyado en la escuela.

Posted June 24, 2014
PS/MS188 is a wonderful school. The staff is full of love caring and motivated individuals that are the best role models a student can have. The school has a safe and welcoming environment, there are so many extra curricular activities such as flag football, tennis, violin classes and a chorus.

Posted May 12, 2014
The is the best school in the lower east side. The school has transform into a different school. The new administrators are caring, and very dedicated.

Ps 188 The Island School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
The school is progressively getting better each year. The administration is taking an active role in communicating with parents and amongst themselves. I am confident the best is yet to come.

Posted October 21, 2013
It is a warm loving and caring environment. Teacher's are always dedicated to helping there students achieve there goals.

Posted October 20, 2013
My grandkids have been going to this school for about two years now. I would like to compliment the principal, assistant principal, teachers and staff who have welcomed all four of my grandkids in. They have all been patient respectful understanding and have always been active with them from day one. Unlike their previous schools they have attended. They are very polite and take their time with each child individually. I love that they have extra activities for the students to join.

Posted October 20, 2013
I'm gratefull for this school & their staff! they work hard to improve the school for the kids. They do so much to show the parents how to help our kids and make it fun. I am happy to have my son go to this school.

Posted October 20, 2013
Although I am a staff member at this school I am a parent of 4 children and for this reason my comments come from the heart of a parent! Our teachers and staff truly teach from the heart!.. They are not only involved in the academics of our students but truly care about developing a well rounded child which includes but is not limited to academics, social and economical development.. We offer a great deal of support, programs and incentives not only to our students but to our parent body as well. We are here to educate not only our students but our families as well.

Posted October 01, 2013
P.S. 188 The Island School is raising the bar! The school has become an absolute model for the community. As a parent, I have seen my child's success and her increasing academic achievements. This school overall works really well as a team... Thank you so much,

Ps 188 The Island School
442 East Houston Street, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Ps 188 The Island School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 188 The Island School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top