Bad
Good

This school is a wonderful community school. Every staff member is very professional and very caring. They all are so pleasant and friendly.

Esta es la mejor escuela del mundo 3 de mis hijos se graduaron de esta escuela. Mi hijo mas pequeno viaja del bronx porque a el le encanta su escuela y los maestros. Mi hijo se siente seguro y apoyado en la escuela.

PS/MS188 is a wonderful school. The staff is full of love caring and motivated individuals that are the best role models a student can have. The school has a safe and welcoming environment, there are so many extra curricular activities such as flag football, tennis, violin classes and a chorus.

The is the best school in the lower east side. The school has transform into a different school. The new administrators are caring, and very dedicated.

The school is progressively getting better each year. The administration is taking an active role in communicating with parents and amongst themselves. I am confident the best is yet to come.

It is a warm loving and caring environment. Teacher's are always dedicated to helping there students achieve there goals.

My grandkids have been going to this school for about two years now. I would like to compliment the principal, assistant principal, teachers and staff who have welcomed all four of my grandkids in. They have all been patient respectful understanding and have always been active with them from day one. Unlike their previous schools they have attended. They are very polite and take their time with each child individually. I love that they have extra activities for the students to join.

I'm gratefull for this school & their staff! they work hard to improve the school for the kids. They do so much to show the parents how to help our kids and make it fun. I am happy to have my son go to this school.

Although I am a staff member at this school I am a parent of 4 children and for this reason my comments come from the heart of a parent! Our teachers and staff truly teach from the heart!.. They are not only involved in the academics of our students but truly care about developing a well rounded child which includes but is not limited to academics, social and economical development.. We offer a great deal of support, programs and incentives not only to our students but to our parent body as well. We are here to educate not only our students but our families as well.

Last modified Ps 188 The Island School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.