/ School Profile

Posted September 29, 2013
Quickly became the best public school in New York City, Mostly due to intelligent and hard working children; and some of the most dedicated parents.

Posted September 26, 2013
I am a parent of 2 children in Middle School. I am thrilled my kids go here! No school is perfect, however, the curriculum and teacher quality is strong and the teaching is solid. They have the students' best interest in focus and I consider this school to be a great foundation for the rest of their lives. Science, technology and math are in the name of the school and I am grateful they are learning these subjects on a high level but the music, theater and art departments are equally as strong providing a balanced education for students. Definitely a STEAM approach. I don't know if schools that offer Arts as their strength would offer science and math as stongly. No talent areas, no majoring in a specific area at the age of 11, 12 and 13 years old, just a balanced approach to teaching it all at a high level so they have the tools to make those decisions and choices later. That's what is important to me about this school.

Posted April 01, 2013
My school is the absolute best of the best! My child is so excited to go every morning and loves to learn. The teachers are the best in breed and committed to each and every child! The ciriculum challenges every child to move up to the next level.

Posted March 30, 2013
This school has inspired me to pick it because it has very teacher quialtiy for challenging the students to a very high level.

Posted December 01, 2012
This school is absolutely the best of the best! My daughter is in the middle school and she's surrounded by excellent teachers and very motivated, focused and talented students. On top of their excellent core curriculum, it's a pleasant surprise that they have amazing art, music, theatre and sports program.

Posted June 27, 2012
Excellent elementary and middle school, fantastic teachers, challenging curriculum; room for improvement in science in elementary school

Posted June 12, 2012
Excellent education, teachers, sports, music, art, etc. Definitely for smart kids who are hardworking, with the maturity and the willingness to do a lot of homework. We wish we had known then that the grades from the regents subjects and foreign language go on the permanent transcript for college, so my daughter and some of her friends are still trying to make up for their less than stellar Nest classroom grades as they enter senior year, despite top regents and test scores.

Posted June 08, 2012
I have been a parent at NEST+M since the first day they opened their doors. Both my son and my daughter have had an amazing educational experience at NEST+M. The teachers really care about their students and their dedication is apparent in the positive educational experience each child receives. The PTA is a powerful entity in the school. The PTA has spearheaded many initiatives at NEST+m. They welcome volunteers with open arms and the everyone works together for the better of the school. The Adminstration works closely with the PTA and that shows in the sucess of NEST+M. I would also like to applaud the efforts of each and every person who works at NEST+M in saying without all of you NEST+M would not be the successful and beautiful school it is today. I would be remiss if I didnt take a moment to mention that it has been my experience that NEST+M has by far the most helpful and gracious office staff! Keep up the great work NEST+M!

Posted May 12, 2012
NEST+M IS AMAZING. IT HAS SUPPORTIVE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS .IT HAS TAUGHT ME A LOT AND I LOVE NEST.

Posted March 21, 2012
My daughter has been going to Nest for three years. She's in 2nd grade and we have had an incredible experience with this school. So far my daughter has had three amazing teachers and is flourishing in a safe and joyful environment where she is taught to think critically and developing high standards for her classwork. The communication with the school is excellent and the PTA is very involved and welcoming to all. The best thing about the school is the incredible diversity. There are literally children from every culture and community you can imagine at this school.

New Explorations Into Science, Tech and Math High School
111 Columbia Street, New York, NY  10002
Last modified New Explorations Into Science, Tech and Math High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
New Explorations Into Science, Tech and Math High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top