/ School Profile
PK-8 & Ungraded
New York, NY

Posted April 24, 2014
This is by far the worse school that I am aware of. My nephew attents the school and has been getting bullied daily. The teachers view on this is things happen. It has escaluted to violence. Yesterday he was being hit by six children some older, the adminst staff just focus on my nephew and his anger who would not be angry.

PS 96 Joseph Lanzetta

Posted August 20, 2008
the school is very nice. and you have great teachers there. my child would learn a lot there.

PS 96 Joseph Lanzetta 5

Posted September 12, 2007
I have 2 children that attend P.S. 96. I must say that i am very pleased with the help and education that my son and daughter have recived at this school. Mr. Lopez is a great principal .He is always available to answer any of your questions and concerns related to your child. I am really looking forward to enrolling my youngest at this school.

PS 96 Joseph Lanzetta 5

Posted June 06, 2007
P.S. 96 is a wonderful school! My child has had great teachers and everyone has been very supportive. He has received help with his reading through their AIS program and he is now reading above grade level. I am very happy with the educate he is receiving!

Posted February 26, 2007
I want to say that I feel comfortable leaving my child at this school every morning. They are a bunch of nice people there. I can not say much about the parent association, never see them, however, the parent coordinator is very helpful, she always has a smile and really tries to help me out with whatever I come to her with. She is warm and very friendly. When I go to the office, I have to sit and wait, but when I go in and see the parent coordinator, I never have to wait. The school it self is a great place for children, and being informed is not a lack of in PS 96. I can't wait to see all the information that is going to be sent home, my children are happy and I am happy too. I hope that every parent is as happy as me.

PS 96 Joseph Lanzetta 4

Posted December 01, 2006
My son is a forth grader at P.S 96. This is his first year at P.S.96.(he transferred from another school in the dist.)I see a definite improvement in his school work,(especially reading). My son scored a level 2 on his standardized english test. Unlike some schools in the dist. who would not accept children that score a level 2 P.S.96 accepted him. They immediatly placed him in the schools extended day program. They also placed him in a test prep program which takes place after school. My son was a little upset because he wanted to attend one of the many after school programs at the school(basketball,tap,chess,journalism to name a few). I believe there are 12 in all. my son was made to understand the importance of these programs. he still enjoys art,gym,science as well as his library time in school. thank you principal,mr hawkins(teacher) and staff for helping my son.

Posted September 19, 2006
the school is not as good as thought. the prinicpal is not involved with the parents like i thpught he was. they not notify the parents like there suppose to when something is wrong in school.

PS 96 Joseph Lanzetta
216 E 120th St, New York, NY  10035
Last modified PS 96 Joseph Lanzetta is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
PS 96 Joseph Lanzetta Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top