Posted June 23, 2014
Well, I don't go to this school but I was wondering if I could get into this school. I have a 79.8 average and I got 65 to 85 on my report card. I been absence 3 times and late 17 times. I got 4s on my state test and I live In Brooklyn, I was wondering do I have a chance?

Posted April 02, 2014
Millennium is a gem! Between its great facilities, hard-working students, and attentive faculty and administration, the school has earned its reputation as being one of the best high schools in New York.

Posted October 24, 2013
Millennium has many wonderful aspects to it, not the least of which is its Advisory program. Also, the environment is very welcoming and accepting for all kids.

Millennium High School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
Millennium is good, but everyday I have to wait a longtime to go down to the first floor because we only have 3 elevators. We can go out for lunch, that's the favorite thing I like about this school. However, Millennium don't have more money to have a third Mandarin teacher, that's why I stuck in Mandarin 1, which is too easy for me. I mostly about Millennium's con, but I like this school.

Millennium High School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
The school is very clean and organize. Although it is only the first few day of school, I can feel that the people spends a lot of time on it. The school has 3 floors inside a building. It is the 11th to 13th floor. It is pretty lucky that we have elevators so we didn't needed to walk up. The security in Millennium High School is really strict. We have to use ID cards before we enter the building and when we have to go out for lunch.

Posted September 10, 2013
This school allows students to slowly develop on their learning and knowledge. I'm currently in 9th grade right now and i've spent a great time learning there so far. All the teachers would give their very best ability to transfer of what they have learned to us, their fellow students. Thank you for what they've done.

Posted June 10, 2013
This is a great school. Even though the work load is heavy teachers love what they teach they are always willing to help students that struggle. Student teacher relationships are great. This school is a Bully free zone and for the four years i have been in it i cannot tell a lie I have not faced peer pressure.

Posted April 24, 2013
I love this school. The environment is so relaxing, different, peaceful and everyone is friendly. There are so many lounges where you can relax during lunch .This school has completely changed me, I used to be a shy nervous kid in middle school, but now I am a completely different person.I feel welcomed and comfortable, and it is very diverse. This school is not for everyone though. If you don't really study for exams or do your homework, then it is hard to get good grades in the school. It is very hard to get a 90+ average in the school. The teachers do not accept late homework, even with missing one, your whole average gets messed up. If you are a hardworker, I recommend you come here. The teachers push you to do the best you can, and you advisor helps you get through problems in school. I get about three or four hours of homework, but it depends on your teachers. Every kid gets their own locker. You learn a lot about analyzing, reflecting on your work, presentation skills and answering the question 'so what?'. Overall, I love Millennium. Sure, it makes you work very hard, but at the end it is worth it.

Posted August 20, 2012
I'm not going to lie, Millennium pushes all its students. Very often, though through fault of my own, I have lost a lot of sleep between community service, homework and my failing attempts to maintain a social life. I love almost all of my teachers and can say for a fact I respect them. Classes are challenging in the way that in order to succeed, I have to think deeper and harder than I have ever before. I love the balance that the school gives towards classes, though I do wish they'd be able to offer more APs. I do believe however, that the math department needs some serious makeovers as I spent the past year basically teaching myself or learning from other subject teachers. The new principal, Mr. McEvoy used to be the VP and I have the upmost faith that he will continue to run the school as Mr. Rhodes would've intended it. MHS has opened up so many doors for me through literally "learning HOW to learn", starting clubs, and feeling welcomed. Disregarding a select few students, Millennium certainly is a great environment for any teen who wants to express themselves in a progressive, intelligent, and accepting setting

Posted September 01, 2010
Millennium High School is one of the rare environments in high school where everyone can be intelligent, expressive, and peaceful. I started 3 clubs in that school when I was there, the staff gives you a lot of respect and freedom. Good conduct and a hardworking mentality is well rewarded. The teachers are optimistic and very willing to help if you are willing to listen. To be fair, Millennium didn't prepare me well for the SATs or regents really. But instead they focused on critical thinking, analytical skills, presentations, etc. which are much more useful in the long run anyway. Great school, great environment, and the academic challenge is what you make of your resources. I would recommend MHS to any kid.

Millennium High School
75 Broad St, New York, NY  10004
Last modified Millennium High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Millennium High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top