Manhattan/Hunter Science High School 4

Posted June 03, 2014
this school is great, it really and truly is. however do not expect this school to be anywhere like a specialized high school. all the teachers are absolutely amazing, they actually give a crap if you are falling behind and will stay literally until 4 or 5 to help you. every teacher does this, its not just one or two. the students are great, however as in all schools their are some kinds you don't really know how they got accepted. however 99% of the students enjoy coming in or at least don't dislike it. class rooms are very small, my chem class was my largest class with around 20 kids in it. the home work is very little, one hour at most, on rare occasion you will get 2 hours, and one weekend it stays at around two. most teachers accept late work, and deduct very few points the reason i give this school 4/5 rather than 5/5 is the fact that you must go through scanning every single morning. they have massive attitude and its a very unpleasant thing to got through every morning. school below us are scary so you always feel somewhat threatened when leaving your floor. its a great school but has a few downsides. i am very happy where i am! wouldn't want to be anywhere else

Posted August 01, 2013
I am currently a 3rd year medical student and an alumni of MHSHS and I can say that all my success is because of my education at MHSHS! I would do HS again ANYDAY!

Posted February 09, 2013
I love this school I am a freshman and I came in September 2012 and the teachers made me feel right at home and even though they give you LOADS OF HOMEWORK AND CLASSWORk every night it pays off because you take college courses in 12th grade and it was rated top high school in NYC #16 I love this school everyone should apply

Manhattan/Hunter Science High School 3

Posted October 18, 2012
I remember MHSHS to be a decent school. Like many students, I took Algebra, Environmental Science, World History, and an English class that corresponded to our Social Studies class during my freshmen year. Those were the core classes, and they weren't very difficult classes. The key to success anywhere is organization - time management. This was very emphasized during my senior year, where I spent my school days at Hunter College, where I had the opportunity to take two college courses and two high school classes (Creative Writing, Economics/Politics) simultaneously, per semester. I had straight A's during high school, but I was an artist as well as an athlete. And I didn't feel fulfilled in some of those aspects. It is a very small school (about 100 students per graduating class), there's a uniform policy (improper clothes may lead to detention or even suspension), there is scanning each morning (recommended to arrive to school at 7:30 b/c it may take a while), thus no cell phones or other electronics are permitted inside the building. If you're a student who is an over-achiever, this may not be the school for you. If you want to attend a CUNY, great opportunity for a head start.

Manhattan/Hunter Science High School 1

Posted May 28, 2012
my daughter is entering high school and got accepted into Hunter manhattan science high school, we are a bit aprehensive about this cchool because we don't know anything about it, can you tell me somethings you like and dislike about this school and please tell me everything you know about it. my daughter is a bit worried because we heard that they have metal detectors and also only have one floor in a building.

Posted May 08, 2012
Everyone is nice to each other. Even though they give you alot of work, it prepares you for the future. this school is EXCELLENT.

Posted November 08, 2011
I called this school for enrollment information, and the person who answered the was great. She didn't know me, it was late and she still took the time to answer my questions. I whised, I got her name to say thank you for your help. I hope my daughter gets in this school I get the feeling she will be well taken care off.

Posted November 12, 2009
Manhattan Hunter Science High School is an early college high school. The principal Susan Kreisman is available to you at any time day or night. We came for orientation in 2006 for my daughter, she knew our name and where we lived. The curriculum is wonderful, pushing the students to work to their fullest potential. The teachers are caring and kind, and are available to the parents and student. Two of my children attend manhattan hunter science hs, and I feel they are lucky to be in such a new school, with innovative ideas with the gift of being able to attend college before leaving high school. I am always praising this school! I must say that the staff in the office are equally as caring and attentive. I am in awe of this instituation

Manhattan/Hunter Science High School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
they have awesome acivities & the students a diligent.

Posted October 19, 2009

Manhattan/Hunter Science High School
122 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY  10023
Last modified Manhattan/Hunter Science High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manhattan/Hunter Science High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 97 reviews. Top