Posted October 02, 2013
kipp star changed my lfe I am succedd baecuse my old school ps.57 was horrible I am am greatful I find kippstar it is a really good school good service I do not want to go back to my old school jhaneshua crew loves kjipp star and thank you for education I love you

Posted May 18, 2013
Kippstar is the best ever. My son has really enjoyed his time at kipp. I am very proud to call KIPPSTAR our School.

Posted February 15, 2013
I am a 7th Grade parent who appreciate the leadership at the school from the principal. The teaching method, the way they prepare the students for the state tests and the every day school and life challenges. I will say my child is well prepared, happy to be one of the student at the school. I raise my hat to the principal and the staffs at school.

Posted December 21, 2012
KIPP S.T.A.R is a great school. My child is a sixth grader at KIPP and she is receiving a wonderful, challenging education. At first I had reservations about the school due to it being a shared space. However the curriculum and the reading and writing classes have been stellar. My child can correctly annotate, has read over 40 books and has improved her E.L.A score. She has traveled outside of New York and has expanded her sense of responsibility and has taken ownership of her own education. I am pleased with the teachers taking the time to respond and will get back to you with any concerns they or I may have. Parents receive feedback each week in regards to the progress or lack of for each student. They offer options and resources to help students succeed. I am going to be honest to say that some systems may need to be tweaked a little like the petty infractions that some students may receive like not having your pencil in your hand fast enough, relax , choose your battles. For the most part your child will receive an excellent education and build great character and that is what we desire most. YOUR CHILD WILL BE WORLD and COLLEGE READY !! Hard Work Pays Off.

Posted December 21, 2012
Kipp Star is a great school and I recommend it highly. My daughter has learned a great deal here at KIPP She has been exposed to so many different literary works and has learned how to be responsible and organized. The teachers are very supportive and are accessible. When my child have questions she can call the teacher and they respond very quickly. She has learned that hard work pays off in the end. I am proud to be a parent of a kippster. Supportive teachers and challenging curriculum who can ask for more. KIPP Is Great

Posted December 18, 2012
My daughter has been at KIPP STAR since the 5th grade, she is now a 7th grader. Having her become a KIPPster was honestly the best decision I ever made. They work hard but play nice. It is a lot of work, long hours and tons of homework, but it keeps my daughter focused and challenged; and its preparing her for college. Once she got "into" the homework routine, it doesn t take her as long as it did at the beginning and it has helped her master "time management". The school offers lunchtime and after school tutoring which I think it s a great thing, as well as many extracurricular activities for the kids . I think the teachers and staff are wonderful..they always return calls, are always available to talk and are eager to help resolve any concerns that I as a parent have ever had. As a child I remember having that ONE teacher that made a great impact in my life; My daughter found that teacher at KIPP STAR; and while he left STAR to be the principal a KIPP Washington Heights, he is still a big part of my daughter s and my family s life and its constantly in touch with us, to check up on my girl. KIPP STAR is a great school!

KIPP S.T.A.R. Charter School 2

Posted January 31, 2012
So disappointed in the decline of this school. Too much homework (see comment below because I agree with it). However, the teachers, kids, and parents are all stressed out. The teachers yell so much in the classrooms. What kind of example are they setting? Teachers are great but they don't work together. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Principal seems to be oblivious to what is going on at school. Kids up tell wee hours doing homework just to get it done. They are not retaining much but rushing through to get it done and get A LITTLE rest. Parents are frustrated and kids are frustrated. My kid won't be here next year. I am pulling him out!

Posted October 26, 2011
My 7th grade granddaughter has attended KIPP STAR since 5th grade, and she loves it. She has had only one teacher in that time who was less able than we would hope, but even he wasn't disastrous. (And others have been good enough to make up for him!) She enjoys the many wonderful opportunities KIPP STAR offers beyond the school day as well as the excellent quality of the classroom experience. The school does, indeed, give too much homework. The problem is that the children can then only focus on getting it done; they do not have time to dwell on it, do a really good job, and reflect on what it can teach them. I do hope improvement will be made in that area, but I wouldn't suggest changing much else!

Posted October 25, 2011
I too am a parent of two kids at Kipp Star. I love this school and so do my kids. They are challenged and still have fun. The teachers are great and so is the staff and administration. I do agree that the students get a lot of homework but the administration is looking into it and they are always willing to listen to parents. Great school!

Posted January 08, 2010

KIPP S.T.A.R. Charter School
433 W 123rd St, New York, NY  10027
Last modified KIPP S.T.A.R. Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K, 5-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
KIPP S.T.A.R. Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top