/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted September 04, 2014
I am writing this review for High School. Very affordable, safe and well organized school. Yes the classes are small and you may say curriculum is not high enough or not so advanced. However I want my child to be motivated by understanding the reason why school is important, why reading and writing essays is important. I don't want strict teachers forcing something. As far as English second language/ international students, yes this is a small private school which may take students on student visa or in general foreigners. It offers great esl almost 1-on-1 classes. Teachers are professional they keep in touch with parents. If your child is lazy then this school is not for your child because he/she will stay lazy. If your child has positive attitude and is able to reach for more by his/her own wish then the possibilities are there. Also I understand parents having negative comments. But this is Manhattan, for such facility and private school you would pay 2 or 3 times more around the corner!!! So please let's do not compare this school to $15,000 a year Catholic High school - this is unfair.

St George Academy 2

Posted May 06, 2014
This has got be one of the worst schools in the city of New York. My son had TWO math lessons in 8th grade. We're talking about an entire year here! Most of the students are left to their own devices; half of them can't speak proper English. There is an ESL class, but it's overcrowded, and the teacher pays attention only to the upperclassmen.

Posted May 28, 2013
St. George Elementary School is the best in Manhattan. It has great teachers and the students don't want to leave. They are loving and care about each and every child. Students that graduate from St. George go to the best High Schools and sometimes on Scholarships based on their grades. High Schools write back and Thank us for the great students we have sent. Based on all of this how can you not send your child to St. George Elementary School! St. George you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2013
Small class size, affordable tuition, loving, caring. My twin daughters are in this school. This is a great school.

Posted April 01, 2013
The school really prepares teens for college. The children that go to the elementary school can automatically go to the HS so you don't have to worry about public HS.

Posted March 27, 2013
Great HS all the kids get into college. A little strict but in the teen years that's what lot's of children need.

Posted March 27, 2013
My child is in the younger grades in St Georges. He loves it. The class is small. The teacher is gentle, kind, patient. The staff know all the children. He is learning and cannot wait to go to school every day. I have 3 older children, and I wish I had known about St George's before this year. I would have sent them here as well. I cannot say anything about the quality of education in the upper grades, but the lower grades are great. I would highly reccommend this school for ages 3-5. It is much better than the two more expensive nursery and pre-k schools I sent my older children to. The location is good. The building is nice. The tuition is very reasonable - especially when compared to most other nursery and pre-k schools. We are not Ukraine - and we are very comfortable and happy with this school.

Posted March 26, 2013
The teachers care and all the children get into colleges which is what you want.

Posted October 28, 2012
I have to say that I was very afraid to bring my daughter to the school after viewing the reviews, but as always I like to make my home work. I went to see 3 schools in the East Village and I have been very impress by Miss Kara, the pre-k 4 teacher at Saint George, so I decided to enroll my daughter. My wife and me we are both very happy with the choice. I don't know how other classes are but Miss Kara is great and I'm very happy of the work she does. Classes are small and part is due to the fact that there is not way around the tuition.

St George Academy 4

Posted March 23, 2009
After having my child at PS 40, I found the discipline and individual attention she receives at St. George to be rare and refreshing.

St George Academy