9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Overall, the year and half my daughter spent at St. George Academy was a pain in the neck. We could not transfer her in Junior year, since the college application was on its way; if we could? I would not have left my daughter in that school any longer. Don't recommend.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Although I was looking for an affordable school, St. George Academy was not what I was looking for from an institute where students should learn and feel comfortable in the place where they spend most of the day. As a mother of 3, in my opinion, you are better off choosing another school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no feeling of integrity at this institute, starting from the officials, ending with some of the faculty member I've gotten to speak to.

I can't think of a less hospital and unprofessional school. I sent my daughter for her sophomore and junior year at St. George Academy; now I can say I regret doing it. School officials are difficult to approach, for my daughter had to beg to receive her report card by the end of December for sending it to college she was applying to. My husband and I had to walk in in person to ask if we could exercise our right of receiving the report card of our daughter, and their answer:"what's up" We said "can we please have Hailey's report card for she's applying to college? The lady who apparently has been working at the school for decades, felt almost like we were trying to borrow money or something. It's always been a pressure-feeling like environment, every time there was a situation where interacting with school officials at St. George Academy was necessary. Although I was looking for an affordable school, St. George Academy was not an institute designed for students to learn and feel comfortable in the place where they spend most of the day, but overall those two years have been a pain in the neck; especially because we could not transfer in Junior year, since the college application was on its way. In conclusion, from a mother of 3, you are better off choosing another school.

I am writing this review for High School. Very affordable, safe and well organized school. Yes the classes are small and you may say curriculum is not high enough or not so advanced. However I want my child to be motivated by understanding the reason why school is important, why reading and writing essays is important. I don't want strict teachers forcing something. As far as English second language/ international students, yes this is a small private school which may take students on student visa or in general foreigners. It offers great esl almost 1-on-1 classes. Teachers are professional they keep in touch with parents. If your child is lazy then this school is not for your child because he/she will stay lazy. If your child has positive attitude and is able to reach for more by his/her own wish then the possibilities are there. Also I understand parents having negative comments. But this is Manhattan, for such facility and private school you would pay 2 or 3 times more around the corner!!! So please let's do not compare this school to $15,000 a year Catholic High school - this is unfair.

This has got be one of the worst schools in the city of New York. My son had TWO math lessons in 8th grade. We're talking about an entire year here! Most of the students are left to their own devices; half of them can't speak proper English. There is an ESL class, but it's overcrowded, and the teacher pays attention only to the upperclassmen.

St. George Elementary School is the best in Manhattan. It has great teachers and the students don't want to leave. They are loving and care about each and every child. Students that graduate from St. George go to the best High Schools and sometimes on Scholarships based on their grades. High Schools write back and Thank us for the great students we have sent. Based on all of this how can you not send your child to St. George Elementary School! St. George you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small class size, affordable tuition, loving, caring. My twin daughters are in this school. This is a great school.

The school really prepares teens for college. The children that go to the elementary school can automatically go to the HS so you don't have to worry about public HS.

Last modified St George Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12