/ School Profile
New York, NY

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
The teachers here are very unprofessional And treat students very poorly . They also lie about your child in front of your face

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
This school only cares about money , they don't care about whether your child is failing or not .

Posted August 26, 2014
This is the best school I have ever been to every single thing in it is good because the principles help keep the academic classes better and the keep every one organized !!!

Al-Madinah School 1

Posted November 03, 2012
the majority of the comments that compliment the school are done by the principals.. My mother is a staff member who overheard them talking in the teachers lounge.

Posted February 23, 2012
Hello everyone. I am a parent whose two children are enrolled in this school. My children were placed here after I removed them from public school. Therefore, this review will be based on my contrasting experiences with public school system of NYC and Al-Madinah. First of all, the reviews stating that instruction quality is poor in academics is completely false. EVERY single teacher there is competent in his or her subject. How do I know this? The school adheres to CCSS (common core state standards), the very ones teachers were applying in lessons in their former public school. Teaching is done with a purpose and goal. Homework is assigned almost every single night and the projects are rigorous. It is up to the *student* to apply him or herself, just like in anything else. I have sat in one classroom for instruction to observe the quality of the lesson before I admitted my children and it was comparable to the previous public school.

Posted February 23, 2012
Second, the staff members are very kind, including the leadership that runs the school (principal, assistant principals). They hold themselves accountable when I call them or have a reasonable request I am following up on. I am not saying this is not happening in public schools but I want to make clear that the building is indeed run by professional staff. I am tired of others bashing this school. Ultimately, I have seen, it is up to my children to apply themselves under the guidance of their teachers. This is not merely a religion-first, academics-second, school. The Islamic studies are present in full force of course but I want parents like me to realize that the quality of education is on par with other institutions such as public schools.

Al-Madinah School 1

Posted June 22, 2011
worst school ever dont waste your time here your child can learn better at public school and for the islami quran and arabic put your child in weekend class in the masjid or you can find these courses online. public school are thousand time better. there stink in acadamics and relgious classes.they have teachers who just dont teach and dont know how to teach. and those teachers let their students cheat on the regents !

Posted April 29, 2011
this is the best school ever. it engages it many great activities. It teaches great manners. It also serbes halal food. mash allah may allah help keep on going!!!

Al-Madinah School 4

Posted January 18, 2011
I truly like the Islamic Education and Quranic Studies at Al Madinah School. I believe that if my children were raised in my country they would not have received the same level of Islamic Education. Academics can be found at any school, but not any school can teach Islam. My four children have excelled throughout their education in Al Madinah School without any efforts from me.

Posted November 01, 2010
Excellent school. Strong Principal leadership as well as great quality of teachers . I have 1 5th grader and 2 pre K children in the school. Amazing within one month of attending my 4 year olds are speaking Arabic and some Spanish, as well as identifying English and Arabic letters, numbers and words. Couldn't be more pleased. The school, teaches the children respect and discipline. And most important, the children enjoy going to school they have fun learning.

383 3rd Avenue, New York, NY  11215