/ School Profile

Posted March 12, 2014
Hi all, I am an eighth grader in Anderson and I just got accepted into Stuyvesant and Bard after taking the SHSAT and the Bard Test. I found both tests surprisingly easy, and was very prepared after going through Anderson from Kindergarten to eighth grade as well as receiving extensive tutoring since September. I love Anderson; the teachers are all great and are ready to give you help at a moment's notice, and the students all support each other, without much development of cliques. I recently had some trouble with getting my homework in on time, and my grades suffered because of it. The teachers and guidance counselor were there for me, helping me with everything I needed to get on track. This is a great school, and I would highly recommend it.

Posted February 15, 2014
The Anderson School....where to start? It provides a positively amazing, education, enjoyable and enthralling learning experience that I have not experienced else where. I was personally amazed at how smart, talented and kind all the kids are; as a "new kid", I felt accepted and happy here. Every single teacher is wonderful, the facilities are great and the curriculum is challenging, but not too hard either. When I wake up in the morning, I actually want to go to school! Anderson is, hands down, worth it.

Posted May 03, 2013
My son is in his fifth year at Anderson, and we couldn't be happier. All of his teachers go above and beyond to make school both fun and challenging. He loves the exceptional music program. I am impressed with his math projects that are "real life" oriented.

The Anderson School 1

Posted April 02, 2013
This school is not good. The teachers (who can sometimes be jerks) do not create a fun environment for the students and all they do is pile on mountains of homework. All the teacher's care about is the student getting the test right and not failing when the reality is, in order to succeed you must fail so you can learn from your mistakes. Since everything is about work at Anderson, students end up being bored with the classes they take bcause they are not learning in a fun environment. My son does not like this school at all and we are hoping he can transfer to the Computer School, a much better school on the third floor of the William O'Shea Campus.

Posted October 29, 2012
I am a student at Anderson in 8th grade and absolutely love it there. Since there are only two classes of 32-33 people (per class), i really feels like a family. I have been with the same kids since kinder-garden; although some left for Delta or Hunter or just moved, even the new kids fit in fine and easily become part of our Anderson family. I have been in this school for 9 years, and absolutely positively love it. I have a bunch of friends, great teachers, and mostly fun projects and homework. Anderson offers an honor program for 7th and 8th graders who take the regents in January of 8th grade instead of the regular time in June. Every teacher at Anderson is great and will definitely help your child succeed in whatever it is they are doing. The school offers an extended day program for 37 1/2 minutes after school to help students who need extra help in a certain subject. Anderson also offers many sports without much competition since there are only about 64-66 kids per grade. This school is definetly for anyone who loves to learn and who loves to have fun in school, like last year we learned about the Puritans so we held a Puritan school day with Mrs. Feick! Anderson!!!

Posted March 21, 2012
In addition to top-notch academics, Anderson values the arts. Our students receive classes in visual arts, dance and music. Teachers are encouraged to use creativity in their lessons, and are not required to teach "one-size-fits-all" scripted lessons. The administrators know their stuff, the parents are wonderful partners in education, and the children are full of joy and wonder. It is a pleasure to work at Anderson!

Posted May 09, 2011
A great school for all G&T kids, it challenges and teaches kids really well. I love it!

Posted March 21, 2011
An Amazing and incredible school.The teachers and staff are dedicated and wonderful people i have ever come across.This school provides everything a G&T kid needs.Cant ask for anything more

The Anderson School 0

Posted November 05, 2010
It is perfect for my academic kids!

The Anderson School 0

Posted October 08, 2010
Anderson has the most amazing teachers and the best PTA!

The Anderson School
100 West 77th Street, New York, NY  10024
Last modified The Anderson School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Anderson School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top