/ School Profile
New York, NY

Posted September 12, 2014
Walm, welcoming school that you should not pass up if your child has a chance to go here. Great diversity. Parent coordinator is warm and attentive. The children I saw in this school absolutely love the school and teachers. I saw nothing but good teachers. I highly recommend checking out this progressive school.

Posted October 24, 2013
Earth school...where you go if you want your child to learn to learn.. not just take a test but to truly learn to think. to become a life learner. even better than just teaching the child the family as well learns soooo much:)

Earth School 3

Posted May 30, 2012
I have a son that is in The Earth School's 1/2 bridge class.This school is just OK, academic wise. My son has been in this school for two years and for two years has been a year behind.I have spoken to many parents that have taken their children out of this school,which I myself are in the process in doing.This is a great school if you like your children to learn about the enviroment,nature,etc. But if you want your child to actually pass the state exams that are inevitable and are held against them during their academic career I suggest maybe trying a more traditional school. The best thing about the Earth School in my opinion would have to be the parent involvement.The Earth School is very parent friendly.

Posted July 14, 2011
True to child-centered, process based and experiential learning. The Earth school is a haven for all learners. My children skip to school eager to explore the architecture, river, birds and compost around them.

Posted April 14, 2010
Earth school is a place where children are nurtured & encouraged to use their own creativity to express themselves. Because of this children love to learn and love school!

Posted September 29, 2009
We feel so fortunate to have the Earth School in our lives! It is a wonderful environment for child and parent alike. The Earth School is nuturing, yet holds the child accountable for his/her actions. It has a progressive curriculum, but still has a strong emphasis on math and literacy. It allows for children to express themselves in a myriad of ways, yet also adheres to structure and routine. It has been a fabulous environment for both my children who are both well above the reading and math levels for their age group. We will be so sad to leave it in just a few short years for middle school. I could not recommend it more highly.

Posted September 23, 2009
The staff and parents at The Earth School collaborate to know our children well and to support them both academically and as caretakers of the Earth. Come for a tour because our community speaks for itself.

Posted September 23, 2009
The Earth School is all about being part of a community...the school, the neighborhood, the world. Children of mixed ages and abilities work together to explore and interact with the world around them. In addition to the mandated standard public school curriculum, each child is actively encouraged to pursue his or her interests to the fullest potential of their abilities. Classes are small, with a high child to teacher ratio. I wish the Earth School went up through high-school!!

Posted September 23, 2009
What's not to love about the Earth School? I have twin boys who are now in 4th grade who started Earth School as Kindergarteners. All of our friends have always been so impressed by their curiosity, knowledge on wide variety of issues and how well spoken they are while talking about their interests and wonderings. The Earth School is a great place to send your children if you are interested in REAL EDUCATION! So much of today's education has returned to drill and kill and test-prep but Earth School gets it right. They know good education is the best way to prepare our children for any test but more importantly for a life-long passion for learning as a productive member of our society! They understand the importance of social studies and science and do a marvelous job infusing math and literacy throughout very engaging, rich core studies that allow the children to deeply study 2-3 themes over the year. My children STILL can tell you everything you ever (or never ;)) wanted to know about pigeons and the postal service, 2 of their themes from their Kindergarten core study! High expectations are not just a buzz word here. High expectations are a way of life here with amazing support for families and the whole learner.

Posted September 23, 2009
This is a wonderful little. My children have been attending Earth since 2000. It is a special place where children learn and grow as whole people. They get a chance to see the world as the diverse place that it is. The teachers work hard to educate themselves so that they are able to guide our children in a positive, nurturing and challenging environment.

Earth School
600 East 6th Street, New York, NY  10009
Last modified Earth School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Earth School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top