Posted April 12, 2014
"Look at the test scores" please bare in mind that Common Core testing was put in effect in 2013 which made the test much more harder, and lower percentages of passing is to be expected however Girls Prep still beat out most of New York STATE. Just keep that in mind please :)

Posted August 28, 2013
I love this school and feel the people who say bad things about it don't know anything about the school at all I do my child goes here and what she learn.Is amazon What she learn and how to work with other is amazon All I have to say is before you say anything bad about this School you need to learn about it first before you say anything!!!

Posted August 23, 2013
A place where our daughters are not only taught academically but they are also taught the core values of scholarship, merit, community, and responsibility. Not only are they taught these values they are enforced daily and our daughters carry them with them every day and where where.

Posted August 22, 2013
Love this school ... My daughter has been attending GP since k and I have nothing but good things to say about not just academically the teachers and staff are also great so involved and attentive during and after the school year...

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter has been at Girls Prep since kindergarten and she will now being entering 5th grade Girls Prep Middle School. This school has help to get and keep my daughter where she needs to be academically.

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school that offers great opportunities for young ladies to strive. My daughter is entering 8th grade this year and I am confident with the help of girls prep I'm sure my daughter will excel in high school and beyond.

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter is going to 7th graded and has been in GP since Kindergarten. GP is a great school with teachers who care and want the best for the girls. Besides academics the girls are instilled with the knowledge that they can be anything they want to be and being a girl/women should not hinder their aspirations.

Posted August 07, 2013
Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York (elementary) is an excellent school. My daughter is entering her fourth year and the education she has received thus far is second to none. The language she uses far exceeds her years, her test scores are excellent and the pride she exudes from being a young "woman" in this day and age and part of this community is fantastic. The teachers and administration are young and excited to teach which makes going to school fun and learning easy for the students. Students are assessed CONSTANTLY and the support they receive, whether to help them advance beyond their grade level or help in keeping up, is awesome. Parent involvement is greatly encouraged. From monthly parent leadership meetings, Unity meetings (pep rally's where students receive ribbons and certificates) and invitations to come into the classrooms and either witness what our daughter is learning or invitations to come and speak with the students about our families traditions, favorite books, careers and much more. This school was an excellent choice for our family. I couldn't be happier.

Posted August 05, 2013
Girls Prep strives for our young ladies to be college bound ready and be the best they can be in the future.

Posted May 21, 2013
Girls Preparatory charter school is a Great school for young ladies to become inspiring woman of the future. I also like that they encourage the girls to be smart, powerful and successful.

Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York
442 E Houston St-Rm 312, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top