/ School Profile
Public charter
New York, NY

Posted August 28, 2015
Girls Prep offers free quality education. The curriculum is challenging and the staff invert supportive and truly cares about their students.

Posted August 28, 2015
Great school! Girls Prep promotes sisterhood and empowers girls to become leaders with supply them with the necessary skills. It also pushes them towards continuous improvement.

Posted May 21, 2015
My daughter started it irks prep les in October of this year and at first she was having a hard time because the work is a whole lot different from her previous school, but with the help of the teachers she is doing a lot better. They would assess her to see what level she is on. I mean even though she is a bright kid, this is a totally new world for her. I made sure that every school she attended is great academically, so she is advance in public school but behind in Charter school. That's because the curriculum is amazingly different and well advance. Reminds me of schools in the Caribbean island. Parent involvement is a plus and this school does not lack it at all. I love love love girls prep les. I will recommend it any day. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that if I want to transfer my daughter to another Girls Prep school I have to go back through the lottery even though she is already in their system. Since her name was not pick in the lottery, she is now on a long everlasting waiting list.

Posted March 17, 2015
I am rolled my daughter to the girls prep in the Bronx and I have nothing but high praise for them because of the small enrollments every kid is given every and when I say every faculty teacher administrators alike the young ladies receive full attention to their education and care . As parents we are given constant updates constant face-to-face time about our child's progress or regress . It feels like a small-town oasis in the middle of the big gritty city.

Posted April 12, 2014
"Look at the test scores" please bare in mind that Common Core testing was put in effect in 2013 which made the test much more harder, and lower percentages of passing is to be expected however Girls Prep still beat out most of New York STATE. Just keep that in mind please :)

Posted August 28, 2013
I love this school and feel the people who say bad things about it don't know anything about the school at all I do my child goes here and what she learn.Is amazon What she learn and how to work with other is amazon All I have to say is before you say anything bad about this School you need to learn about it first before you say anything!!!

Posted August 23, 2013
A place where our daughters are not only taught academically but they are also taught the core values of scholarship, merit, community, and responsibility. Not only are they taught these values they are enforced daily and our daughters carry them with them every day and where where.

Posted August 22, 2013
Love this school ... My daughter has been attending GP since k and I have nothing but good things to say about not just academically the teachers and staff are also great so involved and attentive during and after the school year...

Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York 4

Posted August 22, 2013
My daughter has been at Girls Prep since kindergarten and she will now being entering 5th grade Girls Prep Middle School. This school has help to get and keep my daughter where she needs to be academically.

Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Great school that offers great opportunities for young ladies to strive. My daughter is entering 8th grade this year and I am confident with the help of girls prep I'm sure my daughter will excel in high school and beyond.

Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York
442 East Houston Street, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Girls Preparatory Charter School of New York Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 96 reviews. Top