Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

all I say don't believe In anyone there. Keep your eyes wide open!! All I can tell you is that if you can't go upstairs at anytime you like then don't you thing that's a red flag. With all that should tell you something dont you think. There are things that goes on upstairs that no one is talking.. There is a lots of bullying there to but they cover it up..

Well my kid started here on first grade and is a good school but some teacher are not what you think they are. Also look out for these parents there are some that thing there kids are better than yours. I love there concerts but parents act like little kids and they always fight on the lines or skip you and know one do anything about this. When the concert is over and it's time to pick up your little once the parents is on top each other like if they not going to get there kids.. There are more but you have to see it on your own don't trust anyone in that school. Be care full and God Bless!

I highly recommend MCS, the teachers are amazing, their family coordinator, Ms. Larrequi Is extremely helpful in every aspect imaginable. Ms. DePolo, the principal makes it her business to get to know the parents, and the names of Bach student,she knows each students personality and quality of work. She works with her teachers to offer the best education they can for the students.

Every morning each child is greeted with a smile, and a handshake.Each child is greeted by their name, amazes me year after year how the principal is able to memorize all those names.The scores my child bring home are excellent, every year she has take. The exam she has scored an over above score. The nurturing,mcaring development that each child is given.

I am surprised to see such negative reviews for Manhattan Charter. Yes, there is a focus on test scores, but, to me, that means they are accountable for student achievement. My child has thrived since staring MCS! Their staff also helped me through every step of getting my child an IEP and much needed services. MCS is the best!

All this school looks at is test scores. The teachers have the best intentions, yet the administration hinders progress. The schools has extremely high turn over rates of staff. The administration runs good teachers out of the school. The school has so much potential, but the administration, the principal specifically, is destroying the school and its culture. If only the charter and the mission of the school were carried out, then this would be one of NYC's top schools. Unfortunately, because of the administration, the teachers cannot fulfill both. A new board and administration is what this school needs to succeed. It is a real shame, because there is untapped potential within those walls. The principal harasses, intimidates, and bullies her staff. If she does that to her staff, imagine how the students feel. Changes need to be made.

This school just looks good from the outside. All they care about is the test scores they don't care about the kids. Especially if the kid has any kind of disability. I regret putting my child in this school, they killed his love for learning. So glad it's over now since he will be going to a new school.

My son was transferred into MCS in the middle of his 1st grade year and I am so happy that I transferred him in. The teachers have been excellent. The principle is a wonderful woman who greets each kid with a handshake every single morning and salted each one by their name. The staff i always very helpful and they do often provide flyers that indicated information pertaining to the kids. I have never heard of any incident where a teacher was rude to a child or have I ever been treated with disrespect as one parent below commented. My son has made a tremendous improvement in reading and math and is excelling in science thanks to his wonderful teachers at MCS.

A Great school that really challenges students to reach their full potential.

My son started the first year at this school. He was the 1st First Grade, the 1st Second Grade, Third grade, Fourth Grade and graduating fifth grade. He was part of the 100 percentile in reading & math for the 3rd grade, as well as 100 percentile in 4th Grade, the 1st to ace the Science Exam. I have a lot of expectations with this school and my son was able to reach it all. The music program alone is phenomenal for the children. My son learnt french and is excellent in science because of the teachers dedication and Principal's love for the students to have the best. I will definitely recommend this school for the ages this school take the children. My youngest son will go to this school. Because this school was awarded 5 more years. Hiliary Clinton came to our school as well to see the excellence!

Last modified Manhattan Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.