Posted April 28, 2014
I highly recommend MCS, the teachers are amazing, their family coordinator, Ms. Larrequi Is extremely helpful in every aspect imaginable. Ms. DePolo, the principal makes it her business to get to know the parents, and the names of Bach student,she knows each students personality and quality of work. She works with her teachers to offer the best education they can for the students.

Posted August 01, 2013
Every morning each child is greeted with a smile, and a handshake.Each child is greeted by their name, amazes me year after year how the principal is able to memorize all those names.The scores my child bring home are excellent, every year she has take. The exam she has scored an over above score. The nurturing,mcaring development that each child is given.

Posted February 28, 2013
I am surprised to see such negative reviews for Manhattan Charter. Yes, there is a focus on test scores, but, to me, that means they are accountable for student achievement. My child has thrived since staring MCS! Their staff also helped me through every step of getting my child an IEP and much needed services. MCS is the best!

Manhattan Charter School 1

Posted February 08, 2013
All this school looks at is test scores. The teachers have the best intentions, yet the administration hinders progress. The schools has extremely high turn over rates of staff. The administration runs good teachers out of the school. The school has so much potential, but the administration, the principal specifically, is destroying the school and its culture. If only the charter and the mission of the school were carried out, then this would be one of NYC's top schools. Unfortunately, because of the administration, the teachers cannot fulfill both. A new board and administration is what this school needs to succeed. It is a real shame, because there is untapped potential within those walls. The principal harasses, intimidates, and bullies her staff. If she does that to her staff, imagine how the students feel. Changes need to be made.

Manhattan Charter School 1

Posted June 19, 2011
This school just looks good from the outside. All they care about is the test scores they don't care about the kids. Especially if the kid has any kind of disability. I regret putting my child in this school, they killed his love for learning. So glad it's over now since he will be going to a new school.

Posted June 06, 2011
My son was transferred into MCS in the middle of his 1st grade year and I am so happy that I transferred him in. The teachers have been excellent. The principle is a wonderful woman who greets each kid with a handshake every single morning and salted each one by their name. The staff i always very helpful and they do often provide flyers that indicated information pertaining to the kids. I have never heard of any incident where a teacher was rude to a child or have I ever been treated with disrespect as one parent below commented. My son has made a tremendous improvement in reading and math and is excelling in science thanks to his wonderful teachers at MCS.

Manhattan Charter School 0

Posted September 29, 2010
A Great school that really challenges students to reach their full potential.

Posted June 24, 2010
My son started the first year at this school. He was the 1st First Grade, the 1st Second Grade, Third grade, Fourth Grade and graduating fifth grade. He was part of the 100 percentile in reading & math for the 3rd grade, as well as 100 percentile in 4th Grade, the 1st to ace the Science Exam. I have a lot of expectations with this school and my son was able to reach it all. The music program alone is phenomenal for the children. My son learnt french and is excellent in science because of the teachers dedication and Principal's love for the students to have the best. I will definitely recommend this school for the ages this school take the children. My youngest son will go to this school. Because this school was awarded 5 more years. Hiliary Clinton came to our school as well to see the excellence!

Posted May 04, 2010
I am really happy I transfered my son. He is more confident and happy with his new school and friends. This school definitely works to motivate each child, and no one is left behind. They have a great curriculum and the proof is in the pudding when your own child notices the difference and comments on he prefers the approach to subjects like Math. These teachers care and still offer the firmness need to instill discipline, self respect and respect of others. Pushing them to appreciate all aspects of learning. Great job MCS! I am glad I am there! Wish I was there earlier!

Manhattan Charter School 0

Posted May 03, 2010
MCS is needs more transparency. We need to get a lesson plan for each subject taught when the year begins. Most parents do not know when the state exams are given. We want to work with our kids. We are kept in the dark. The faculty is rude to the parents and often times to the kids. There is abusive speech. Ask your child, talk to your child. There is a need for more diversity and accountability. Less teaching to the exams. The parents are smart. Teachers are very negative and not supportive. They drive the kids and are unkind to them. We do not know who to go to. I'm afraid that MCS will become a monster with its success. Why? Parents are treated as if they are stupid and so are their minority kids. There is retaliation against the parents and the child if anyone speaks up.

Manhattan Charter School
100 Attorney St, New York, NY  10002
Last modified Manhattan Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manhattan Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top