Bad
Good

Mott Hall II is the best kept secret! They have the vision and the tools to make the school work. They can Incredibly provide individualized attention to all the kids who attend there. They make it a mission to know and teach each student. Especially, at this critical time in their lives when teenagers are dealing with so much peer pressure and insecurities. The kids are actually proud and happy to go there and strive. The teachers are young, very well educated and relate better with the students. The Principle, Mr. Lowe IS THE BEST. He is young and smart. He makes it a priority to know, to challenge and engage all the kids. No child left behind and No favoritism which I love. He use to walk around with a bullhorn in the school yard to get everyone's attention. I thought that was effective and cute. Great curriculum and great structure. It felt like a small private family school. My daughter graduated from this middle school a few years ago. She was not the #1 student in the class, yet she had great potential. Mott Hall II laid the foundation for her to succeed. She's now a freshman in college majoring in Bio-medical science. I owe it to Mott Hall. Thank You All!

My daughter is finishing 6th grade at MHII. What a great year! Everyday when we turn up W109th St, she says the same thing she's been saying since September: "I love my school!" She's having fun while learning excellent study habits, and how to think critically, and work collaboratively. The kids are developing their intellects while engaging socially (important for middle schoolers). The faculty and staff are attentive, responsive and care very much about the students. I highly recommend MHII for the best middle school experience in NYC.

My son just started this school and he is thrilled! I love that the work is challenging but not overwhelming. The staff is super friendly and it feels like family!

I am currently in the 8th grade from all of my years here i have had the best time anyone could have. the teachers challenge you just enough so you are always at the same page as the other kids and the teachers just show enthusiasm from day 1 i would highly recommend this school

I went on tours for several Middle Schools in Manhattan. After visiting Mott Hall 2 , I knew this was the school for my daughter. The curriculum is challenging yet fun. The teachers and administrstion truly care about the children. My daughter's first year has been amazing. All the kids get along well. And very important as well fantastic families!

My daughter's first year at Mott Hall II has been outstanding! She loves her school, her classes, and her the teachers. The work is challenging but the students are given the tools to succeed. I couldn't be happier!

This school is one of the best. My child used to go to this school and now she's in Harvard. This school also makes childrens future bright. Unlike other schools, the teachers love and help these students.

Best Middle School ever!! I graduated 2 years ago. I cannot explain how good academically this school is. All the material I learned in 8th grade helped me so much. I was able to skip some classes and take an advance course in my high school because of my knowledge I had learned in MH2. Aside from all the great thing you learn in this school, MH2 is like a second home to anyone who ever goes there. The staff is wonderful! Everyone treats each other with respect. The Staff, people who are amazing at what they teach. I really wish I could go back or that MH2 had a continuation to high school.

i just graduated from this school and it was probably the best experience i could have ever had in middle school. i love the principal and most of the teachers, they are all so kind and loving.

This is one of the sweet little secrets of the Upper West Side. It's a loving, caring school community; project-based learning which teaches the kids to work together; teachers who practically tailor the lessons for the children and yet don't coddle them; the principal herself is gentle and clear and guides children directly in one-on-one sessions. For some reason it's still overlooked by most New York parents. The school humanely and gently produces excellent intellectual responses in their kids. The school also takes in kids with learning disabilities and brings out their best performances (self-contained and CTT/ICT). From Day 1, they teach the kids life skills, such as the kids conduct their own assessments each quarter, so that by the end of their time there, they are ready to confidently handle the high school interview process--and of course interviews later in life. Kids go from this school into some of the best high schools, depending on their personal performance. They have a history of working with children who have dealt with personal difficulty and have helped them find their footing again. A remarkable school. Run do not walk to send your child here.

Last modified Mott Hall Ii is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.