Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

They love to call child protective services on families...

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principle is always late...Lead by example? I think not...

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Do not trust the staff at HARLEM LINK

Amount of homework: Disagree

Packets after packets and no one ever checks the homework!

Their staff is unprofessional. Please do not send your child there. You will regret it just as I did. No one arrives on time, not even the principle. The late students that have to sign in at the main office arrive before the office staff. They do not care about the children the way they should. They are a knock-off charter school. They tried to model their school after the successful Success Academy and they fail terribly. It is an extremely UNPROFESSIONAL school and it is a shame that they label them selves as a Charter School. They give great charter schools a bad reputation. Please I repeat, do not make the mistake I did and enroll them in HARLEM LINK. It is a HORRIBLE PLACE to leave your children. Do not trust HARLEM LINK!!!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN TO THIS SCHOOL! THEY TRY TO LEAVE EVERY CHILD BACK AND THEY DON'T HAVE STAFF THAT CARES ABOUT OUR CHILDREN. THIS SCHOOL DOESN'T PREPARE OUR CHILDREN FOR ANYTHING.

My school is Harlem Link Charter School, the little school that could. Harlem Link is a small, independent charter school with modest resources and no connection to the city's powerbrokers. Despite its comparatively low profile, Harlem Link methodically makes incremental gains as a committed and focused school community. Scholars at HL are nurtured and challenged with the goal of maximizing each child's potential. Parents are invited and encouraged to partner with school staff to create an environment that strives to meet the academic and social needs of every student. Of course, like any school, Harlem Link has its flaws: a number of new teachers with limited experience, and some turnover. However, the negatives are far outweighed by the positives. The Harlem Link leadership team and its teaching and support staff give the students their best efforts each and every day. As a result, my son has overcome significant obstacles and achieved critical goals during his four years at Harlem Link: A parent couldn't ask for more.

Harlem Link is a great school with a different atmosphere in terms of the staff and building relations. My kids' teachers are so spot on in finding out what they need to become better scholars and actually set a plan to encourage the best learning environment for them. They also give suggestions for what we can do at home to ensure that we are all on the same learning page. Most of the teachers will not hesitate to send a text, call, or email to let me know what is going on with them, which is important to know right away in case I need to have a conversation with my kids about what is expected of them during instructional time. I like that we have alumni services seeing that I now have upper graders and I appreciate that activities are in place to make sure they keep in contact with other students and their favorite teachers long after they would have graduated. My biggest issue though is we don't have strong enough parent involvement, we are not as united as we should be when helping to make decisions in building a better school. Other than that, I am very happy my family has continued to be successful with Harlem Link.

I' m amazed how the staff greet the children each morning. Harlem links is a fun friendly learning environment, I am pleased. My son is in kindergarten and he has already show improvements , behavioral and learning skills are better. Every morning he looks forward to walking into the door of Harlem Links. Submitted by a parent

HL is an awesome school because of the faculty/staff's dedication to the safety and growth of the students. My son is going into his 4th yr here. The teachers I've personally known have been exceptional in their communication, planning, and care with my son. They have exceeded my expectations every year. I had issues with getting my son motivated in class and during homework and Ms Miller&Ms Trank worked with me on insightful solutions and ideas to help get him on track. They have been flexible and proactive and I can't say enough about the patience and care they've shown. All of his teachers have been awesome. The one thing that is less than awesome to our family is the military style behavior standards. Noise/talking is not tolerated in common areas and they are strict. It creates a very orderly atmosphere which I truly appreciate and also creates a look of rigidity that at first bothered us. I now understand the method and I would caution prospective student families not to judge the entire system negatively if you notice the same thing. The students do not run this school, the staff does, and that is a welcomed change in my opinion to the other schools in the neighborhood.

Last modified Harlem Link Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.