Posted September 16, 2014
Tag young scholars is for children who wish to be challenged. The teachers are excellent. PTA is wonderful. Parents are friendly.

Posted September 12, 2014
Strengths is it's diversity and curriculum with active staff. GEM in NYC, prepares kids for specialized HS and boarding/private schools. Test taking, organizational, communication, and technical skills are all balanced nicely with the limits budget, PTA is active to supplement programs. Sports and arts is probably not as strong as other schools due to budget but we supplement with programs at Lincoln center and sports leagues. Disclosure: we have two children at TAG and they/we are very happy
2 people found this helpful

Tag Young Scholars 3

Posted June 22, 2014
It's a Great School, the teachers are great, the atmosphere is conducive to learning. I wish that there were more activities for boys as they are more active. Gym once a week is not enough. Children need not only academics but a chance to be a kid. The daily homework can be taxing on a child. Don't get me wrong it's a great school, however it needs enhancements in music, sports, and activities.

Tag Young Scholars 3

Posted April 28, 2014
Welcoming environment where the children are challenged, supported, and nurtured. Dedicated faculty and staff. Principal is first rate. Very happy my third grade son is a student and I am proud to be a TAG parent! PTA is awesome as well.

Tag Young Scholars 4

Posted April 06, 2014
Standards are very high at TAG and it is a wonderful place for my child to learn. The teachers are absolute gems- they are creative with the curriculum and dedicated to helping every child shine. From what I can see, it also seems that teachers are well supported by the administration. The students are smart, but they are also kind and respectful- and with so many TAG families coming from diverse cultural backgrounds and neighborhoods around NYC they learn from each other and are forming a beautiful community of their own. My child loves this school and I wish I could give TAG 5 stars, but the reality is that it has a way to go in terms of offering students a more rounded education. Kids lack access to physical activity (no school playground, no organized team sports) and arts programming- though the visual arts and middle school music programs are terrific. TAG could also do a lot more with the Technology program. But in general changes are headed in the right direction at TAG and our family feels we are part of a special school community.

Posted April 02, 2014
TAG has proved to be a fantastic school for my daughter. She is part of a wonderfully diverse community. Her peer group is outstanding. The teachers, administrators, and staff in the building are committed, beyond belief, to supporting and nurturing the children each and every day. The parents are united in supporting the school and finding ways to leverage resources to ensure that TAG offers a enriching educational experience to all the young scholars.

Posted October 27, 2013
My daughter has been attending since 1 year. It has been a great experience. Very hard working teachers. Principal is very dedicated.

Posted October 27, 2013
Great curriculum. Many enrichment activities. PTA is very innovative and dedicated. One of the best schools in NY.

Posted October 24, 2013
I feel honored that my DD has the opportunity to attend TAG. The parents are warm and welcoming. The education professionals are focused on challenging our children and it motivates them.

Posted October 24, 2013
I am a parent who has a 7 year old/2nd grader at the TAG School. My son formerly went to public school in Elmhurst/Queens. There is clear and sharp improvement in his reading, writing and math skills. More importantly my son's attitude towards his education has improved dramatically He is suddenly inspired to learn and is enjoying every bit of his experience at TAG. The teachers are passionate and employ innovative teaching curriculum. The PTA is very proactive and works closely with the schools administration to address both the school and the student's needs. Because of the small size of the student population, it has a very "collegial" if not "familial" atmosphere. The commute from Queens is challenging but worth the effort.

Tag Young Scholars
240 E 109th St, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Tag Young Scholars is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tag Young Scholars Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top