/ School Profile

Posted November 11, 2014
My son is enrolled in the pre-K program at Central Park East II and we couldn't be happier with his teacher and the school! Every day he comes home so happy talking about what they did at school that day or his friends. The principal is passionate and engaged and his teacher is so fantastic and loving! We feel lucky that our son attends this school.

Central Park East Ii 4

Posted August 05, 2014
I think the objective of diversity is of great concern to the principal. The principal has problems with people that she can't bully. This is a good environment for boys that are passive. Otherwise you will have problems with the principal and teacher. The principal is classic example of why I support teacher tenure.

Central Park East Ii 2

Posted April 25, 2014
Principal enjoys harassing kids and yelling at parents. Very disrespectful, ungrateful and uncooperative. School will call ACS on you for no reason and fabricate reports about your child. Stay away!

Posted October 22, 2012
We are also new to the school and have been so pleased with the methods in the classroom, the diversity of the student body, the quality of the educators and the caring and concern of the principal and general staff. I feel like I am in constant communication with my son's teacher and am thrilled that he will have this teacher next year as well. It is such a relief to leave my son there each day and know that he is being so well cared for. This school is a happy and strong community for children.

Posted September 27, 2012
We're new to the school and we're so impressed! I love that the student body is diverse. Finally, a school that still values the arts and music. They have a dual-language after-school program. Their approach to teaching is fabulous. I love that they use Responsive Classroom as a way to build community and manage the classroom. The teachers are wonderful. I'm really pleased and would highly recommend this school.

Posted November 02, 2010
Children are educated here. They are able to be children and learn at the same time. There is so much support from the staff and so much family involvement to ensure great performance and great character from each student. CPE II is a jewel.

Posted October 09, 2010
They have a great violin program they must not loose, but the money is tight. Please help the school!

Central Park East Ii 0

Posted May 21, 2010
Central Park East II is a very special place. It is as diverse as the city it serves, providing inclusion programs and bridge classes for students in K-5th grade. Each week, CPEII has a community meeting that serves to bring together the entire student body, the faculty and staff for an hour of sharing stories, singing songs, talking about current events and ultimately getting involved in our community, our city and our world. Children at CPEII feel connected to their clasmates, their teachers, the principal, their neighborhood and their world. They take responsibility for their actions and try to effect change. From the Principal to the youngest Pre-K student, everyone at CPEII is family. This atmosphere creates a learning environment that is both comfortable and challenging. Kids are encouraged to succeed and feel personal satisfaction on their achievements. Despite severe budget cuts, CPEII manages through grants and the generosity of several corporate and individual sponsors to offer a wide variety of music, arts and sports opportunities that open the minds of the kids and allow them to explore the range of their imagination and envision themselves with limitless possibility.

Posted May 05, 2010
CPE is a great school with dedicated staff. The teachers take the time to find the best teaching approach for each child. Parent involvement is welcomed and recruited by the teachers and staff. My child wants to go to school every day because the teachers make learning fun and exciting for her. There is definite strong sense of community that resonates throughout the school. Overall I am delighted with the school.

Central Park East Ii 4

Posted April 27, 2010

Central Park East Ii
19 East 103rd Street, New York, NY  10029
Last modified Central Park East Ii is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Park East Ii Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top