/ School Profile
New York, NY

Mott Hall High School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
I dont hate this school but the fact that this school thinks they compare themselves to Stuyvesant. They let students graduate every last day of January every year. Stuyvesant doesnt do that even though its one of the best schools in New York and its much more responsible and with a higher academic performance! Unlike Mott hall high school, theyre too irresponsible and have a lack of academic performance. till this day, I regret going here and graduating from there!! I will never recommend my future colleague's kids to apply there. They will regret!

Mott Hall High School 1

Posted December 18, 2013
This school is unorganized, unappealing, and definitely does not offer a "Warm welcome" for new students, or even staff members. I have attended this school for 4 years and all I can say is these have probably been the worst 4 years of my life. The students are extremely disrespectful and obviously not motivated to learn, some staff can also be very rude and uncaring. This school has very few things to offer in terms of extra curricular activities, so if you're into various sports and clubs, then you should look elsewhere. There are very little AP classes offered and they are all offered to minor subjects such as foreign language. The most advanced mathematics offered is Algebra 2 /Trig and the most advanced science offered is chemistry. Now let's go onto the principle... Instead of using the school's budget on development or support of new clubs, extra curricular activities, or even text books, it's being used on flashy signs and TV's we don't even use. I can't blame her though, even if she did any of the things that I have mentioned above, most students would be ungrateful. All in all, if you didn't catch it off the low rating and high criticism, this school is pretty bad.

Posted November 12, 2013
I am currently a junior who is attending Mott Hall High School. They have a lot of support for students who are struggling with tutoring with teachers after school and as well as student teachers, I am a tutor myself. They have a steady way to transition into next period class and teachers are outside the door making sure no student is lingering. There is also community service, AP courses, SAT prep, credit recovery, Saturday academy, and college readiness programs. There are also a lot of clubs and sports to join. I am in the band and it has been a great experience. I joined the class not knowing how to play an instrument freshman year and know I know how to read and play music. The band program now offers me free classes on Saturdays which I would otherwise have to pay for. The band also plays for the graduation and the drama class has plays that are performed in front of the whole school.The administrative staff are easy to reach and Mr. Quarles s a great help in this. He is easy to get a hold of and can answer any questions or worries you have about your child. Our principle has an open door policy which means that her door is always open unless she has a meeting.

Posted May 10, 2013
I WANT TO TAKE A MOUMENT TO THANK MOTT HIGH SCHOOL FOR SHOWING RELENTLESS CONCERN FOR MY 9TH GRADE SON. I WAS ALWAYS INFORMED OF ANY CONCERNS ABOUT HIS BEHAVIOR GOOD OR INDIFFERENT. THE COMMUNICATION LEVEL IS GREAT VIA E-MAIL, TELEPHONE OR VIA MAIL. THE SCHOOL ALWAYS HAVE WAYS TO HELP MY SON AND FOR THAT I AM GREATFUL. IF I HAD TO GIVE MOTT HALL A GRADE FROM 1 TO 10 A 12 WOULD BE THE GRADE.

Mott Hall High School 3

Posted August 30, 2011
am happy with the school...my son gradutaed from mott hall high school.. i feel is a bit strick..but is an excellent school

Posted June 10, 2011
I really like this school and if they accep\t to this school you would have many opportunites to do this and many activities for example art and the teachers are amazing

Mott Hall High School 3

Posted June 08, 2011
I wanted to shed some positive light toward the new direction of Mott Hall HS. Currently my son attends the school and I wanted to command Mr Jeffrey Quarles for his great efforts, commitment and involvement within mobilizing the parents and students. He works countless hours: is diligent and always available. His mission is to deliver information, messages within many areas such as school/system functions, PTA meetings, workshops, Parent-teacher conferences, this is just to name a few. He thrives on the importance of each parent's role within the school community. He is dedicated to the students and their parents. I have always been able to engage effectively with Mr Q. I am grateful to have come across to an individual that truly cares about the growth of the student/parent body. I appreciate all his efforts and patience within assisting me with my son Darrin, a senior. Mr Q is diligent, patience and always available, now a days it is a challenge to have the opportunity in working with any individual that wants to make a positive and to not just collect a pay check.

Mott Hall High School 2

Posted December 15, 2010
i am currently a senior at this school and ill have to say throughout my years this school is very unorganized, they only have a few activities, staff can be very rude. Also there's hardly any challenge in classes, but now that it is my last year its even worse cause we need to board of ed to come at least once a week to check if were doing anything right. I know for sure this school is going to end up closing down for the way its headed. Most definitly

Posted June 12, 2010
a excellent school to send your child to don't believe the other reviews it is a very nice school

Mott Hall High School 2

Posted September 11, 2009
This school is the definition of unorganized. This is my 3rd year attending this high school and by the 1st year I was not comfortable attending there. If you want your children to have fun and enjoy their highschool Mott Hall High School is not it.

Mott Hall High School
6 Edgecombe Avenue, New York, NY  10030
Last modified Mott Hall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mott Hall High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top