/ School Profile
Public charter
New York, NY

Achievement First Bushwick Charter School 1

Posted October 27, 2014
Stacey Park is an incompentant and unprofessional individual. She is running this school into the ground and clearly doesn't care about children. Her huge attitude problem displays this. 30% proficient in reading in 2012-2013... Wow! How does she still have a job?! Stay away from this jail that calls itself a "school."

Achievement First Bushwick Charter School 4

Posted January 08, 2013
I have my own issues with AFBES, but I will definitely say that when it comes to education and trying to get the students ontrack...they take great pride in it. I do not agree with all their policies and or procedures however my daughter has definitely received an excellent education here and I can not imagine removing her from under the Achievement First umbrella.

Achievement First Bushwick Charter School 1

Posted June 30, 2012
2011/2012 academic year has been the worst experience . This school force children to attend Saturday academy after school hours and extra tutoring to take the state exam and at the end of the school year they left back many third grader because they did not reach the academic level and told parents that the state test was not taking into consideration then if they still were failing children why push them to do all this work . They pressure these poor children just because teachers wanted to keep their jobs not because they really care for the children's education . My doughter cry when she found out she felt I told her it was not her fault because I saw how hard she work all these months.

Achievement First Bushwick Charter School 5

Posted April 28, 2011
I have a child in third grade. Her academic performance is on par with my great expectations. All or most of the children at AFBES fare well in all areas. The true concern is moving forward to Middle School, any of them. We can not ignore the countless number of families fleeing this charter because of the new, erroneously pervasive insistence of character and moral education emphasis mandated once in Middle school - acting as if they are entering a reform school. I believe the teachers to be stellar in elementary school level. I have few if any complaints that weren't addressed or corrected. The staff from the office are pleasant, the principal greets every child by name and the school culture is "family". The PLC could be a powerhouse if they organized their efforts like getting employee matched donations, ice cream socials and dual language insistence to meet the needs of the community and future based earnings criteria. My biggest issue would be the unpreparedness or unwillingness of the two schools to meet and connect to make for a smooth transition. Its as if they - the corporation) want our children to support their product (charter school) so it can be sold to NYC

Achievement First Bushwick Charter School 4

Posted March 16, 2011
I'm so happy on my choice to move my daughter from catholic school ! she has always been a good student, but AFBC is just putting the "icing on the cake". In a matter of months her math skills have grown so much. There are some areas they can improve but overall my daughter and I are very happy . Thank You AFBC keep up the good job

Posted May 05, 2010
Achievent First, is an excellent school and proud to have chosen this school for my child. My child comes home every day so happy about what he learned. Is an excellent choice of school.

Posted April 25, 2010
This school is always putting kids first - no matter what, the goal is for students to be successful academically and socially. I'm proud to work with the amazing teachers and families of this school.

Posted April 24, 2010
AF is making amazing changes in Education! Well Done!

Posted April 24, 2010
Teachers affirm excellence, commitment, self-esteem, patriotism and respect for others.

Posted April 23, 2010
the teachers are committed to excellence and strive for achievement!

1300 Greene Avenue, New York, NY  11237
Last modified Achievement First Bushwick Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Achievement First Bushwick Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top