Posted June 18, 2014
Excellent teachers, great community. The class sizes are small, enabling individualized learning plans and goals for each student. It is a uniform school, and creativity and the arts are emphasized and celebrated. My daughter loves the school, and so do we.

Posted November 14, 2013
Small class sizes, beautiful classes and location for a New York school. Teachers are kind to the children, but still expect a high level of work. I think it's emotionally smart that they do more fun subjects on Mondays so that kids love going to school on Mondays. The more demanding subjects they have on Fridays. There is plenty of homework, but usually not on weekends. There is a database where you get feedback about your child in the form of emails. What's great is that they also write you an email when your child has done something positive. The curriculum is IB and English National Curriculum together, which is great for acceptance to schools in both the US and Europe. Kids are less entrenched in a superficial teenage culture like in other schools.

Posted September 13, 2013
My son has been going to BISNY for the last 2 years, since he was 5, and we absolutely love it. It follows the IB methodology which we like. Academically and otherwise it's a good place to be! The school is a small, warm community with a good mix of expats and locals. For people coming from abroad, as we did, it's a boon as you make friends and learn you way around NYC relatively quickly and smoothly. Highly recommend.

Posted June 08, 2013
I attended BIS-NY (I'm an alumna), and I absolutely loved it there. I'm not an athletic child, so I didn't enjoy swimming or running miles on Friday, but the academics and overall arts were extraordinary. I felt as if almost every teacher put in their best efforts to ensure that me and the rest of my classmates received the best education, as well as understand ourselves better as learners. I must say, however, the student to teacher ratio is a bit low. Whilst a standard private school would have about 15 to a teacher, here, there were about 6-7, and that number DECREASED as the years went up. (In my class, there were 4). I do remember not liking it so much while I was there, but when I graduated and went to high school, every day I thought about how I almost took BIS-NY for granted! Wonderful school, and I hope they open a bigger one soon!

Posted October 05, 2012
My children have really enjoyed this school. Very good expectations and high academic standards both in and outside the classroom.. A real gem!

Posted November 21, 2011
My children have thrived at this school. They actually love going. They're engaged, they're challenged. I'm very impressed with what they're learning and the level they're at with regard to reading and math. We're on our third year there. Small class size. Excellent teachers. Very hands on and involved. I love the British/International Baccalaureate approach -- which is not only superior to anything we'd come across in the past, but also includes requiring children to *behave*. This school has rules, and kids are expected to obey them. Clearly some parents have issues with that as evidenced by some of the one-star reviews I've seen here. My guess is those are the parents whose kids are beyond reproach and who believe that paying a hefty tuition entitles them to special privileges when it comes to discipline. Not so here, and I love that fact.

British International School of NY 1

Posted October 09, 2011
My child won't be coming back to this school next year. We should have known better, if we wanted a real-British Education, we should have sent our child to a school in Great-Britian. The teachers are rude, the Headmaster does not value parents opinions; if you complain about the teachers, he will immediately look as if you are causing trouble... Not impress one bit.

Posted September 30, 2011
We have recently enrolled our son in BISNY and have had nothing but positive experiences to date. Our interactions with the teachers and staff have been extremely positive and have demonstrated a committed and thoughtful understanding of our son. Their accessiblity and communication with us has been exemplary. We have generally found that the cirriculum has lived up to our expectations and have been very pleased with everything we have seen and observed about the school- with one month under our belts!

British International School of NY 1

Posted September 20, 2011
This school was a total let down to me as a parent who values quality education. I had two children enrolled in this school, and the end result was a disappointment. Immediately, when I enrolled the children I saw all the bitterness that goes on behind closed doors. After investing a good amount of money in Private School for your children, beside getting quality education, you expect to receive Great Customer Service, and I have to say, I did not receive none of the above... I won't go in depth of all the flaws, because I would run out of space to write, but I have to warn parents who are looking to place their children in a top school here in NYC-that BIS-NY is not the one to consider. I would not recommend this school to my worst enemy. Immediately, I decided to pull my children out and hope that I never come across a school like this again.

Posted September 13, 2011
We've had a great experience at BISNY. The curriculum challenges the students while at the same time accommodating different learning levels. We've always felt the teachers and administrators truly know our children. It's obvious from the feedback we get at parent teacher conferences and the communications/support throughout the year. They give serious thought to matching students with teachers, and in our experience, it has always been a good match.

British International School of NY
20 Waterside Plaza, New York, NY  10010
Last modified British International School of NY is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
British International School of NY Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.