Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 09, 2015
The school leader is there to help the children learn. Abate is the best elementary school in Niagara Falls and I am great full for the leader. I want to say thank you.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 13, 2015
Perhaps for different more accepting races. I feel that there is racism in this school.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted October 13, 2015
Teachers and other adults become an important part of a child's life and outlook on themselves and their lives. It's not just the parents, it's everyone that gets involved. This particular teacher preferred to punish instead of discipline. Absolutely did not appreciate being talked down by teacher either, but I let it go because my child was not going to return to this district...ever.

Harry F Abate Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2015
My son attended this school and I yanked him out at the end of Kindergarten when the teacher throughout the entire year wanted to tell my child that he is ADHD and set him to the office over and over again. She took away his birthday celebration to send him to the office. A kindergartener! Really?! First time at school, and she has already tried to label my son, but my son has flourished and has been successful since leaving that debilitating atmosphere. Colored skinned children are at risk of being singled out and labeled! If parents aren't on their p's and q's and advocate for their child, be prepared to have no one else who will either. That's all I will say about this school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 13, 2015
There is a MAJOR bullying problem nobody wants to address. I've seen it with a number of my child's friends as well as my own child.

Harry F Abate Elementary School 1

Posted October 13, 2015
Teachers are great but the administration could use a lesson in manners! I could rant but I feel that this is enough said. I thought the administration was sweet when I first got there. It didn't take more than a month to see it was all an act. My daughter is in the accelerated program, The stories I could tell. Homeschooling may be a better option at this point! THAT is how bad it is.

Harry F Abate Elementary School 3

Posted June 25, 2014
I'm not sure if I could accurately evaluate this school because my daughter is in the enrichment program. It's my understanding that the enrichment cohort is contained seperately from the rest of the school. As such, I have never had a problem with the school and I really like the principal, Mrs. Jones.

Harry F Abate Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2014
My children go to Harry F Abate Elementary and this is by far the worst school I have ever seen. Wish there was a way I could take my kids out of that school today! Please don't enroll there, this school needs to be taken over by the state!

Harry F Abate Elementary School 2

Posted December 21, 2011
Dangerous school. Parents bring their dogs(Pit Bulls) to pick up their kids. The staff walked right past the dog and yelled at some boys for climbing on rocks. There were 3 fights in one week in front of the school. I have had to break up fights because adults are rarely present. I heard a school worker tell a boy to leave or she would choke him. However, if your child is in the accelerated program like mine, it is awesome. The teachers are enthusiastic and love their job, but is it easy to teach kids who want to learn.

Harry F Abate Elementary School 5

Posted March 04, 2004
My son is new to this school this year. I am so glad he's here. A school is for learning not for playgrounds and fun stuff. All the children are respectful and the teachers are awesome with the kids. I highly recommend this school out of the schools in Niagara Falls.

1625 Lockport Street, Niagara Falls, NY  14305
Last modified Harry F Abate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.