Niagara Falls, NY

Posted June 25, 2014
I'm not sure if I could accurately evaluate this school because my daughter is in the enrichment program. It's my understanding that the enrichment cohort is contained seperately from the rest of the school. As such, I have never had a problem with the school and I really like the principal, Mrs. Jones.

Harry F Abate Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2014
My children go to Harry F Abate Elementary and this is by far the worst school I have ever seen. Wish there was a way I could take my kids out of that school today! Please don't enroll there, this school needs to be taken over by the state!

Posted December 21, 2011
Dangerous school. Parents bring their dogs(Pit Bulls) to pick up their kids. The staff walked right past the dog and yelled at some boys for climbing on rocks. There were 3 fights in one week in front of the school. I have had to break up fights because adults are rarely present. I heard a school worker tell a boy to leave or she would choke him. However, if your child is in the accelerated program like mine, it is awesome. The teachers are enthusiastic and love their job, but is it easy to teach kids who want to learn.

Posted January 17, 2008

Posted June 25, 2007

Posted February 05, 2005

Posted March 04, 2004
My son is new to this school this year. I am so glad he's here. A school is for learning not for playgrounds and fun stuff. All the children are respectful and the teachers are awesome with the kids. I highly recommend this school out of the schools in Niagara Falls.

Posted January 22, 2004
My child attends this school currently. This school looks like a prison. There are no visible windows and the school does not contain a playground for the children. Bullying is a large problem and is not dealt with properly. I have seen teachers screaming in the face of students. White children are discriminated against by black children and I've seen no consequence. Avoid this school if you actually care about the daily life of your child. The only saving grace is that they are good at academics, if you can look past the dismal atmosphere and the prejudice. I don't think most children can.

Posted September 09, 2003
My son & daughter both go to this school presently. My daughter is excelling and my son has been held back. My son has learning disabilities that were not addressed properly by the staff and therefore he failed. If your child does not have learning disabilities then this is a great school. However, if he/she is, look elsewhere.

Posted August 10, 2003
As a parent I knew that my child received the best care and compassion from his teachers. Now that he is in Middle school, and my youngest will be attending school here, I have that same level of assurance that he too will receive the same, if not greater educational guidance as support from his teacher, and the staff.

Harry F Abate Elementary School
1625 Lockport Street, Niagara Falls, NY  14305
Last modified Harry F Abate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harry F Abate Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top