Niagara Falls, NY

Maple Avenue School 3

Posted November 23, 2014
We actually decided to send our 5-year-old to a private kindergarten even though Maple Ave is only 2 blocks from our home. When we went to see their kindergarten program, we found one teacher was retiring (she wasn't old) and one teacher seemed completely disinterested in actually working with the children's needs. Our child wouldn't even go inside the rooms, there was such a vibe of chaos.

Maple Avenue School 2

Posted August 02, 2013
Sad to say this is my childrens home school. My oldest is now 18 ..and my youngest will be starting this yr in pre-k. The teachers do not tolerate diversity in children and push parents to medicate . God forbid the child with special needs to attend this school. There are a couple teachers that care...the others gossip to other parents and make you feel less of a parent if you have to work to support your family . I am hoping a new principal this year will improve the quality of the school

Posted February 11, 2013
I personally love the school so far. My son started this year in the pre k program. He has learned so much already. He is even beginning to read and write. I feel his teacher is doing an exceptional job. The pre k program is doing a good job at preparing him for kindergarten. This is not our home school, i ask for him to go there because i feel its a great school!

Maple Avenue School 1

Posted February 10, 2013
personally, my kids have been in this school since pre-k. Thankfully we are moving soon because the school is awful. My daughter is in 1st grade and has never seen a spelling test, they haven't taught her phonics so now she is doing poorly in reading and the teacher barely does her job. My son is in 3rd grade, he has ADHD and we treat it with diet, sleep and exercise, the school has been pushing me to drug him since he started, he should be in special education classes, the school does not offer it so they are basically setting him up for failure, again the teacher does not feel the need to teach at all, which is a pretty common occurance in maple avenue. Oh and god forbid if you are ever tight on cash, because this school loves parental money every time you turn around. Awful school with awful teacher and substandard teaching methods. I do not recommend this school to anyone that actually cares about their childrens education. simply put, it is a joke passed off as a school!

Posted July 22, 2012
Love the pre-k program my child will be attending in the fall for the very first time.

Maple Avenue School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
We made the choice when purchasing a home to be in the Maple Ave district. Our son started in Pre-K last year and is in Kindergarten this year. We have had such a positive time. Each teacher has shown him understanding, caring and have started him on a great path for his schooling.

Maple Avenue School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
We have a wonderful playground and a vibrant, energetic after school program. It's our neighborhood school.

Maple Avenue School 1

Posted January 15, 2009

Maple Avenue School 4

Posted January 11, 2009
I have had two children attend school at Maple and feel that it is a positive school. I have felt very welcome by teachers and very included in my child's education. I especially recommend the Pre-School program. It is wonderful.

Posted July 31, 2007
I also feel that Maple Avenue School is an excellent school. Not only are the teachers amazing but the parents are also great! My son has excelled and thrived and I am so pleased to be sending my second son there this year as well. The teachers I have come in contact with are wonderful and caring. Every Monday morning they have a special Morning Program where the whole school gathers to celebrate achievements, school pride, birthdays for the week, and much more and parents are invited to Morning Program as well! I could go on and on but we'll leave it at this - a home away from home for children to thrive!

Maple Avenue School
952 Maple Avenue, Niagara Falls, NY  14305
Last modified Maple Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Maple Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top