Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school has allowed students to properly integrate themselves with the society of the Lord.

Nisky is a great school. I am not only a parent of three graduated children in recent years but I am a graduate as well. The standards here are higher than other schools HOWEVER my opinion of the administration has declined rapidly. My first issue (among many not addressed here) would be a principal appointed who clearly demonstrates his part time devotion to his "educational job" yet his full time presence in the professional sports area - I find offensive. When did we lower our standards to appoint someone who doesn't devote 40 hours a week to his job? Is that why we have assistant principals to take up his slack? My attendance at the HS didn't see ANY assistant principals. The whole district has become disappointing in my eyes.

I have been a parent in the Nisky district for 15 years, with my youngest now in HS. I can tell you that its a matter of time before this district - which is completely overrated - crashes. The Administration for a pristigious, upscale district is lost (to say the least) and without giving too much detail, the bottom line for anyone willing to consider their child(ren) attending Nisky schools is that it is the children themselves who make Niskayuna look good.

My daughter is a freshman this year. So far I have been very impressed with the school and all of the oppurtunities that are available to her. I don't think I could ask for more from a public or private school!

Highly overrated. The teachers hands are held due to state regs. Quality of education has gone down the toilet. Bullying is ignored far and wide and the kids are horrible to each other. Nobody does anything to stop it. It's all smoke and mirrors. Don't buy into it.

Niskayuna schools is like many high caliber public schools. It is excellent and offers one the best public school curriculum around. It cannot be everything to everyone. If your child is among the top and is ambitious, it is a great place with plenty of challenging offerings. If your child is seriously struggling and is among the lower percentile, he/she will get great services and attention. If your child is somewhere in the middle (depending on where), he/she will get lost in the shuffle. Contrary to those who are disillusioned by the music dept, I find the music dept to be excellent and committed. Of course the better caliber music students should get accolades. I don't see this as a problem. There should be some semblance of meritocracy. Above all, the student body exhibits great acceptance of uniqueness. Students are quite considerate toward each other. It's a great environment.

Highly overrated. I have found with both of my children that the competition and emphasis on the 'ivy' track destroyed their joy of learning. Both of my children are intelligent kids who did well, but whose love of school was extinguished when they walked through the door. Contrary to the previous reviewer - the music dept is not dedicated to teaching all kids, but to the accolades they receive from showcasing the chosen few. We won't be sending our youngest to Nisky High - we've learned our lesson twice over. Shameful.

Man, forget all of that. Niskayuna is just an average school. It us just a suburban school that has little to no diversity. Schools like Schenectady High School are more diverse, just like the real world.

Consistently ranked one of the top school districts in the Albany area, Niskayuna HS offers tremendous learning opportunities to its entire student population, resulting in a high level of college attendance among its graduates. Most school districts will cut art/music programs when budgets are tight but Niskayuna has an outstanding music program whose ensembles achieve gold and silver consistently in local NYSSMA competitions. This is mainly due to the commitment demonstrated by the dedicated and talented staff, parents who care about education, and students who understand the value of a solid education.

Last modified Niskayuna High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.