North Babylon, NY
Students enrolled: 1,553

Posted March 30, 2015
It is a large and diverse school but for people who've just transferred from special education, like myself and not being in district for 8 years, It doesn't help much that the guidance counselors do nothing to REALLY help you and when my transition to district was being set up, There were opportunities that being from special ed knew nothing about since no one told us anything. But to end on a positive note, the group of kids is fairly diverse and I found my clique right away.

Posted July 22, 2013
I am a recent graduate of North Babylon High School and overall I have a positive image of the school. Not only is there a lot of diversity among the student body, there is also a lot of opportunity for students to excel and grow from the AP and Honors classes to the extracurricular activities, music programs, sports programs, and school spirit activities which really bring everyone together. When I attended, the teachers were phenomenal and were really passionate about their job and very involved in their students success and many still keep in touch with me today. The cons of the school are some of the conflicts among students which the school will discipline and some issues with some of the staff which the school also addressed. I did feel that the guidance counselors did not provide me enough information and instruction on all of the opportunities available to me at the time nor did they take the time to investigate my individual interests to provide proper guidance and thus I relied heavily on my parent and teachers. I hope this helped, send your children but stay involved, your support is just as important and influential as the institution they're attending. Best Wishes.

Posted May 19, 2013
the teachers are the greatest teachers for miles the parent involvement is great but the kids are not the greatest although it has a diverse mix of kids

Posted January 10, 2013
I am a parent of a student that use to attend this school he graduated in 2010 This school is very diverse and his teachers and the staff were really great to him yet the students are not nice I'm lucky nothing violent ever happened to him during his years I'm afraid of the later students and the bullying will get worst resulting to violence in the future. Send your children to a safer school I fear for this school

Posted March 24, 2012
The teachers try very hard to make this school a phenomenal learning environemnt. Everyone working here is very dedicated and passionate about what they are doing.

Posted October 29, 2008
My child attends this school and I find the AP Program to be great. This school is diversed so that most kids would be able to fit right in. My child went to Woods Road, Rober Mosses Middle School and now NB High School and is have the time of her life. She is involved in the community, sports, and National Honors Society. We love it!

Posted July 10, 2007
I am a student who attends this school and i honestly love it. I have attended this district all my life. As long as you hang out with the right people and are involved with extracurricular activites it is a very enjoyable school to go to.

Posted September 18, 2006
If I had to do it all over again, I would never have allowed my youngest son to attend North Babylon High School. I would have worked 3 jobs in order to have sent him to a parochial school. The past four years in the high school and the two years he attended the middle school were the worst years for our whole family. The influences were very negative and the school was not much help even though I begged for help for my son. I will never vote yes for a school budget. Supposedly this district spends something like $15,000.00 per pupil per year. I could have sent three children to private school and gotten them a better education for that sum. More money does not equal a higher quality of education. I would never recommend this school district. To be fair though, there were some outstanding teachers and counselors without whom I, as a parent, would not have survived.

North Babylon High School 3

Posted November 11, 2004
Getting better as time goes by. Some superior teachers, some are still lacking. HS administrators are out there watching, to make the environment as positive as possible.

Posted April 16, 2004
Great school for individuals looking for diversity within a school district. Great AP program for student who want to excel. Good Sports programs.

North Babylon High School
1 Phelps Lane, North Babylon, NY  11703
Last modified North Babylon High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Babylon High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top