Posted September 16, 2013
Worst Principal..Many teachers do not care for kids and especially parent input. Support staff are amateurs. When they mail teacher assignments in June, many many parents get anxiety and pray for one of the few good teachers.

Posted June 20, 2013
Poor leadership. Principal's attitude is i know best and I do not care what the parents think. Many teachers very negative and only like to deal with above average students

Posted October 13, 2012
all i can say is this is one of the worst schools ive ever seen or been some of the worst teachers and oh my god the play ground like theres broken glass on the floor,some of the equitment on the playground is broken the move like you can make it move when its sopposed to stay in place,theres trash all over the floor,theres to much homework so all i can say is the one god thing is going home

Newbridge Road School 5

Posted August 10, 2012
Newbridge is a wonderful school. It has highly qualified, excellent teachers. I can't believe how challenging the academics are, way beyond what we were doing at this age. Remember that parents are a huge part of their child's education, you can't expect the school to do your work for you!

Newbridge Road School 0

Posted September 12, 2008
Probably the worst principal and teachers I've experienced in quite a long time. The teaching staff is on the tenture track and disinterested in student development both academically and socially. The principal lacks character. Would not recommend this school.

Newbridge Road School 0

Posted May 18, 2008
I agree with the vast majority of other posters here in that teachers in this school (with the exception of very few who are excellent) are inferior and substandard. Hopefully, with the correct leadership, one day these issues will be overcome.

Newbridge Road School 4

Posted January 04, 2008
This school has great teachers and kids. They all have good charcter traits.

Newbridge Road School 2

Posted July 21, 2006
I've had two children go through Newbridge Road and if I had it to do over again I would have moved away to avoid it. The school philosophy, through the past 4 principals, has been to encourage mediocrity and be a 'feel good' school - emphasis on 'everyone is special' yet no academic focus or encouragement. I did experience 2 wonderful teachers - the rest 'taught to the lowest common denominator.'

Newbridge Road School 3

Posted September 01, 2005
I am so upset at the way this school has such a turn over in art teachers. Children need consistency and they need a good teacher. An art teacher can inspire and turn an average day of school into an exciting and challenging one. We just had a great art teacher and this school let her get away. We will miss you Mrs. C.

Newbridge Road School 2

Posted June 17, 2004
I have not been pleased with the leadership at Newbridge Rd School so far. Mrs. Hirschfield seems to me to be out for herself more than the children. My children have so far been extremeley unlucky in being assigned to a teacher who seems to care or is willing to go the distance. I'm sorry to sound like a complainer because I know of some excellent teachers at Newbridge, we just weren't that fortunate. I must compliment the Newbridge Rd PTA for doing a tremendous job on behalf of the students. If it weren't for the effort of the PTA, we would have already bitten the bullet and paid tuition for Catholic School. The activities my chilren have enjoyed are a direct result of the PTA.

Newbridge Road School
1601 Newbridge Rd, North Bellmore, NY  11710
Last modified Newbridge Road School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newbridge Road School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.