North Merrick, NY

Posted January 18, 2013
This school was recently closed by the diocese of Rockville Center. It was a shortsighted and terrible decision. The school was an oasis among elementary schools. The kids weren't on Facebook, they didn't have cellphones, they were kind to each other, all the parents were on the same page and enrollment was up 20% over the last 3 years. The community and the catholic religion is now weaker than it was a year ago.

Posted September 26, 2011
Sacred Heart is a wonderful school, it provides a loving and nurturing atmosphere for young children. My children love it. The parents and faculty are a close community that works together. Can't imagine my children in any other school.

Sacred Heart School 4

Posted October 26, 2009
Sacred Heart is a wonderful Catholic School. The teachers and staff and very loving and caring. A very close knit community. We love Sacred Heart!

Posted June 10, 2009
I have been at Sacred Heart for 10 yrs. I feel my child experienced the best education both academicallyand spiritually.She has felt loved, secure and treated as an individual , not a number as you are in other schools in the area. I feel it was worth every penny.

Posted February 27, 2009
I have been going to Sacred Heart School for 2 years and i think all of the teachers are great. We just got a new principal and she is very intelligant. I love this school.

Posted April 24, 2008
Excellent parochial school in North Merrick. Outstanding faculty and staff.

Sacred Heart School