North Tonawanda, NY

Posted April 12, 2013
I am a graduate of St. Matthew School. I felt a close bond to all of my teachers and classmates. When I graduated, I was prepared for high school and college because of the special & individual attention I was able to receive. As a result of their guidance, I became a teacher! Their focus on the basic fundamentals gave me a good foundation for anything I may have chosen. The additional Christian religious instruction also gave me a foundation in faith that sustains me. Additionally, my child has attended the school as well. I feel blessed to have the help of the teachers and principal to be the role models my child has aspired too. Check out the school for yourself and find the excellence that lies within.

Posted August 21, 2011
I will be beginning my 2nd year of teaching at St. Matthew's. Mrs. Fretthold, the principal, is a wonderful woman of God, who truly cares about the well-being of our students. She is genuinely concerned for the academic progress for each academic subject including the Enhancement (specials) classes. All our teachers are focused meeting the needs of our students while meeting the standards and requirements of each class. Our students are wonderful, very friendly and good kids! I really look forward to many more years at St. Matthew's. I am very thankful to Pastor Schultz and the school board for making teaching at St. Matthew's an enjoyable experience. Please come and check out our refurnished computer lab -- we have 12 computers, 1 teacher station, a SmartBoard and an Elmo (and if you don't know what an Elmo is, you will have to come and visit us and find out for yourself) :)

St Matthew Lutheran School 3

Posted November 08, 2008
I would disagree with the previous post. The new principal reminds me more of a used car salesman than a professional or a great leader. You will be told what you want to hear.

St Matthew Lutheran School 0

Posted October 10, 2008
As a parent I cannot tell you how wonderful the new principal is. He is really motivated and enthusiastic. He is a professional and a great leader. That school is an excellent place for kids to learn. Top notch. Teachers are great and can't ask for a better place to send my children.

Posted March 13, 2007
I am a new parent and have had an excellent experience here. My children are loved and valued as well as prepared to a high standard of academic excellence. I know some people don't like to be disciplined, but children are disciplined fairly and with love.

Posted January 22, 2007
Excellent leadership, excellent academics, and fine extracurricular activities. A great place that supports me as a parent and respects me as a parent. I am very greatful that I brought my child here to be nurtured and loved.

Posted December 26, 2006
This is a fantastic school. I sent 4 children to this excellent school and all of them did extremely well in high school because of the excellent K-8 preparation. I highly recommend it.

Posted June 28, 2004
- a former student

St Matthew Lutheran School
875 Eggert Drive, North Tonawanda, NY  14120
Last modified St Matthew Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Matthew Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top