Norwood Avenue School 5

Posted May 04, 2010
I'm a parent of two children attending Norwood Ave. and could not ask for a better elementary experience. My daughter will be entering the Middle School in Sept. and feels Norwood is her home. Both my kids love this school!

Norwood Avenue School 0

Posted January 11, 2010
I have had two children finish at this wonderful little school and I .have one still attending. My husband and I are both very well educated and I attended private school alas I had some reservations when we began here in 1999. Overall a wonderful school the district does need a stronger Kindergarten program as most of us pay for private full day K.

Norwood Avenue School 5

Posted February 10, 2008

Norwood Avenue School 4

Posted March 08, 2006
My son goes to Norwood Ave. Elem. in Northport, NY. While he has been quite content there, there are some things I wish they did differently but overall I am happy with it. The classes move quickly to follow the state guidelines so if your child is shy to speak up that they dont understand, they may fall behind a bit. My biggest challangle is in the community and not the school itself. It is a very wealthy area and the children in this school inparticular are from well off families and it shows. My son has come home in tears because kids have asked him if he is poor because he lives in a small house and does not wear Abercrombe! The afternoon program for kids who need care after hours is very good. They do not offer a morning program for kids whose parents need it. Overall B+.

Norwood Avenue School
25 Norwood Rd, Northport, NY  11768
Last modified Norwood Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norwood Avenue School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top