Northport, NY

Posted April 08, 2015
Best school around! My two kids both attend Ocean and we couldn't be happier. All of the teachers they have had have been great and the school has great extra curricular activities for all grade levels.

Posted April 08, 2015
My daughter is in second grade and so far the school has been a great experience for her. Her classroom teachers, as well as the support staff have been very caring and knowledgeable.

Posted April 06, 2015
My son's experience through third grade has been nothing but amazing. The experienced teachers, support staff and principal ensure that every child has the opportunity to realize their potential.

Posted April 06, 2015
Wonderful school. Teachers go above and beyond what is necessary to make sure each child's needs are met. PTA is extremely involved and provides excellent extra activities for the students.

Posted March 04, 2015
I cannot say enough about the wonderful learning environment fostered in this school by the principal, teachers and parents. The staff are knowledgeable, professional and extremely supportive. As a former teacher, I am so glad to know that my children are in such great hands as they go through elementary school.

Posted March 04, 2015
Fantastic, caring teachers that go the extra mile for each student. Such a great place to learn and grow!

Ocean Avenue School 3

Posted January 31, 2011
I had two children go through this school. They had a few excellent teachers but most were just average. There wasn't one program that stood out in our minds. Both of my children are A students. Honestly, the system breeds mediocrity when the teachers are tenured so quickly.

Posted October 14, 2009
My daughter is now in 3rd grade and she has been in the school since kindergarden. I love the scool. The PTA is involved and very dedicated to the chilredn and school and the teachers do work with you and your child. I think if there is a parent that thinks the teachers don't work with the children then they must be the ones that send thier kids to school and expect the school to do everything. Education starts at home and works together with theteachers and staff as do respect taught at home.

Posted September 22, 2009
Great teachers and great atmoshpere

Posted March 07, 2009
I would agree with the review posted in 02/06. I came to this school with great expectations after listening current parents and seeing it's rating on this website. However what you don't hear is that the test scores you see are a result of strictly teaching to the test. Other subjects are completely avoided at the expense of whatever subject is coming up on the test. My children have been in schools in both CA and MN and this is the most pathetic excuse for an education I've seen thus far. There is no educating going on, just rote memorization.

Ocean Avenue School
100 Ocean Avenue, Northport, NY  11768
Last modified Ocean Avenue School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean Avenue School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top