Posted July 01, 2014
I just finished my freshman year at OPHS. While a lot of people have said they focus on sports, I found that academics are just as important to the teachers and staff. I had a lot of homework so I don't agree with previous comments. I was challenged in math and had plenty of resources to guide me through the year. The school takes all academics very seriously. I plan on applying to a college with high standards and this school helps me achieve this goal.

Orchard Park High School 4

Posted April 14, 2014
Well as a student I can give a personal experience. Yes this school can be cliquey, not surprising since it's almost impossible to find a school where the jocks don't hang with jocks, nerds don't hang with nerds or the preppies don't hang out with the preppies. It's high school, it's happens if we like it or not. Overall the education is quite nice, you get a good relationship with your teacher as most are like able and those who aren't have the intention to not be trampled on. If you need help all you have to do is ask, trust me I spent almost a week with a certain teacher just so I could keep myself prepared for midterms. This school does have a huge focus on sports, and no they don't care just about it. If your failing guess what? Your'e off the team until you can raise that grade! The activities here are very fun and well worth going to.. Homecoming, prom, football games, spirit weeks, plays, fundraiser. The school is big on fundraiser, especially on cancer research and awareness with bald for bucks, caps for a cure, and even the cancer awareness club. I'm summary, this school preparers you for college, life and tries it best to set a good moral compass

Posted February 23, 2014
I like OP High School. I think it has many good clubs and activities for the kids to be involved in.

Orchard Park High School 3

Posted June 04, 2013
The school places far too much importance on the athletics. The coaches and their teams come first.

Orchard Park High School 1

Posted May 30, 2013
Orchard Park is not a good school they don't care about the students like they say they do.They favor one over the other and what school lets any student play sports without maintaing a certain grade average? It's all about the money and who knows who. Maybe if the school staff stopped stealing money from the schools they would not have to rely on parents to pay for some sports.O.P. only cares about their sports teams winning all the time and as far as the drop out rate is It's higher then people think.Do the research. The school is a joke.Parents have to either be on the PTA or work for the school in some way to have their child stand out from the rest. Give Me A Break...................

Orchard Park High School 1

Posted January 18, 2011
orchard park is bad doesnt give enough homework not good with sports teams and they are not smart

Posted May 14, 2009

Orchard Park High School 3

Posted April 19, 2009
Anyone can walk in or out of the school without even a glance their way. Needs to be updated! Students are well behaved (minus at sporting events) and the school has tremendous sports teams. Students are well prepared for college. Only good for the exceptional student and good athlete. Middle of the road students can get by as well. If you child has any type of 'disability', take them elsewhere!

Posted February 01, 2009
i like the school! I dont think it is over crowded! It really isnt that big!

Orchard Park High School 0

Posted December 09, 2008
Personally, I think it's a good school. We can't do much about the overcrowding, it used to be the middle school before it was changed to the high school. I do agree on the whole renovating sports before other students (new turf for a about $500,000) but in at least marching band doesn't have to march in the mud anymore. I just think we need a new main staircase, but the side staircases are quicker. We've got great stuff academically, musically, artistically, and athletically.

Orchard Park High School
4040 Baker Road, Orchard Park, NY  14127
Last modified Orchard Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orchard Park High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top