Oswego, NY
Students enrolled: 1,192

Oswego High School 1

Posted January 29, 2013
We moved away from here after only one year so our daughter wouldn't feel the embarrassment to have to call Oswego High School her Alma Mater. Many of the teachers would be classified as "ineffectiver" if they were teaching outside of Oswego. The social studies and math departments were a joke. One would think that phys ed teachers should set the example, but the two female phys ed teachers were very overweight and lazy. The stats show a poor performing school in a poor performing school district in an economically distressed town. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Posted October 12, 2009
We moved into the school district coming for Massachusetts . Our son was in high school 10th grade and he just graduated with the 2009 class. Oswego is a great school district we move often and this was the best by far. They have a dedicated teaching staff, great special eduacation program and the parents and students work hard not to lose the music program when tuff times calls for budget cuts. Everyone works to keep it. It is also a safe school unlike many out there now.

Posted December 15, 2008
I'm currently a student at Oswego High school, a sopmore actually. And I wouldn't be able to survive without my friends, the teachers... well most of them are okay.. but some (alot) are not. I hate it here!

Oswego High School 4

Posted June 19, 2005
I was a student at OHS for 4 years and graduated in 2001. At that point it was a very welcoming environment to learn in with very knowledgeable staff to help at any time. I stayed mainly in the music wing. I can say with great comfort, since I went on to study music in college and graduated with a degree in music education, that their music program is by far among the best in the state. They challenge their students to become independent musicians and not to have to rely on a teacher to learn or compose music. They also have many challenging honors programs as well as an agreement with Syracuse University to take college level courses for credit your senior year right in the building.

Oswego High School 5

Posted March 28, 2005
The quality at Oswego High School is outstanding! After graduating there and going on to earn my college degrees, I chose to send my own children there. My children are very active in sports and music programs. The bands at Oswego are a true treat to listen to and be a part of. Girls sports are a highlight of this very special school. Guidance counselers are always willing to help with anything you need, and the system of support is fabulous. The school is separated into groups. Each with two guidance counselors and one principal, along with secretaries and a main principal for the entire school. You should check into this school if you're considering moving into the area. Oswego High School is truely the pride of Oswego.

Oswego High School 5

Posted September 17, 2004
My husband and myself went to this high school. We liked it so much, we then, sent our children there. My daughter has already graduated and is in college now, my son is a sophmore, and both are doing well. We have always been active in our childrens education and extracurricular activities and the school offers so many opportunities for them. I would highly recommend this school for anyone.

2 Buccaneer Boulevard, Oswego, NY  13126
Last modified Oswego High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oswego High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top