Ps 63 Old South 2

Posted May 29, 2014
I took my daughter out of this school after the 2012-2013 school year and placed her in a private school. That was the best decision I could have made to help further her education. PS63 is not bad, but they can definitely use some work.

Ps 63 Old South 4

Posted May 29, 2014
So far this is a very good public schools. The teachers my daughter has have been very caring!

Ps 63 Old South 2

Posted May 28, 2014
this school could use some work and maybe start some small groups. i can't wait to get out of this school

Posted October 06, 2013
I absolutely love p.s.63 my daughter struggle in her school work she has come so far in her,learning process i love the teachers at p.s.63 they are absolutely dedicated to their students they have a good open communication with the parents the only thing that i am disappointed about p.s.63 is the two very dedicated security guards are no longer there my daughter is very upset and unhappy because she has known these two wonderful ladies since she started kingergarten she always greet.these two ladies with a smile and a hug her heart is broken please bring her favorite security guards back

Ps 63 Old South 3

Posted September 07, 2013
The teachers are incredibly caring and encourage students however the principal is a bully who needs to be replaced.

Posted September 05, 2013
My children just attended kindergarten and I must say that their teachers were excellent. Very happy with their growth and communication skills. They absolutely loved their teachers and I can see that their teachers genuinely cared about all of their students. I hope this year the teachers are just as wonderful. Their teachers were Ms. Peyton and Ms. Levy...thank you both so very much.

Posted September 03, 2013
ps 63 q. Excellent school. Graduated in the 90s. Everyone is friendly as well as the community.

Ps 63 Old South 1

Posted May 10, 2012
I was very happy when my older children attended this school. However, there is a new principal and things don't seem the same. The teachers all seem very unhappy and this has to affect the students. I am afraid it is not the great place it used to be.

Posted October 07, 2011
as a parent you always want what's best for your children. I had my daughter in private school for kindergaten, she was not doing good at all, so we decided to put her in p.s 63 for first grade and it was the best thing we did. She learn so fast with the help of her first grade teacher miss. Rottino. Miss Rottino helped my daughter in a way that only a confident teacher would help a child who need that extra time to learnd her shapes,colors even to read at her age level. Im so greatfull for what miss Rottino did with my dauther. Now i have my other two children attending p.s 63. Is the best school ever!

Posted July 27, 2010
I was a student of this school back in the late 80"s until graduation. I must say, when you go back to your school and still see teachers that were there when you were knee high to a grass hopper, it makes you feel good. Take it from me, you will always remember your K-6 grade teachers. After all, those are the years where you first start to learn about life and what numbers and letters mean. I still remember methods of doing math that Mrs. Lombardo and Mrs. Feta taught me. To make a long story short, P.S. 63 is one of the best schools within the city of New York and I highly recommend it for you and your family. Get Involved! The area has changed thanks to our government, but that won't change the quality of education your child will receive.

Ps 63 Old South
90-15 Sutter Ave, Ozone Park, NY  11417
Last modified Ps 63 Old South is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ps 63 Old South Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top