Posted September 22, 2013
My daughter is in first grade and as been at Emanuel since preschool. She has had an awesome experience. The entire staff knows her name, and the family. She was reading early on in Kindergarten. She was also adding,but at the same time she developed a great moral sense. She would skip off to school all smiles , and come home and chat up a storm about her day. Sharing the sight word she learned, the game she played in PE, the artwork she worked on, or the Spanish word she learned. She loved exploring instruments in music. I researched curriculum because of common core. They are following the common core trend as far as the deeper thinking, the rigor, but not all the stressful testing. Students at Emanuel are NOT skilled and drilled, they develop a love for school and learning.

Posted July 16, 2013
My son just finished his first year at Emanuel Lutheran. it has been a wonderful experience for both him and us. The teachers throughout the school spend time and effort with each child, no matter their grade and everyone knows his name. The curriculum, at least for kindergarten so far, has been similar to the public schools but in greater depth. Both were doing sight words and working toward reading; as well as addition and subtraction, but my sons home friends that attend public school were doing much less of all of it. The school has programs that encourage the children to interact across grades as well, "reading buddies" for one is an excellent program where the 3rd grade students spend time reading books with the younger students on a regular basis. my son loved it and it only made him want to learn to read like his big friends. The small size may be one reason for the extra attention children receive but it is also their big hearts that show through with everything they do for your child. The teachers are committed to the children learning and also growing as human beings and it shows. We are happily returning and look forward to another year!

Posted March 08, 2012
i have 2 boys (1st and 5th) in emanuel. it is a great school. christian atmosphere. lots of attention to each student. great teachers. it is a small school so everyone knows each other.

Emanuel Lutheran School 0

Posted April 03, 2009
My sons attended Emanuel Lutheran School from nursery to graduation and I can only praise the school and staff for their wonderful work. They have provided a warm, friendly and safe environment for them. The excellent academics provided a firm educational base that put them at the top of their current school. My sons stand firm on the word of God enriched by the teachings of the school.

Emanuel Lutheran School 0

Posted September 19, 2007
As a member of this church community and as a parent who has used the public school system for my children and is now sending my child to Emanuel, my goodness what a differance. Just since the first day of school the communication with the staff is wonderful. My child is not just another face, and the small class size allows the teachers and students the quality of contact to unbelievable.

Posted March 15, 2007
This is a wonderful school for elementary school kids grades k through 8. The entire staff becomes like an extended family, the principal is very hands on, and the children love her. From office staff to every teacher, they all know your child's name, and yours. Parents are encouraged to be a part of their kids learning environment. In this area, Emanuel is the absolute best elementary school you can send your children to, hands down, and worth every penny. We're considering moving out of Patchogue, and I know I'll make the trip to bring my son to Emanuel every day, no matter where we go.

Emanuel Lutheran School
179 E Main St, Patchogue, NY  11772
Last modified Emanuel Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Emanuel Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top