Posted October 08, 2013
My son has been in the school for almost a year and i see a huge difference in my son. He has learned so much. We moved in December, my son had a little hard time, but after getting to know more kids and the teachers went all out their way to make him feel comfortable.

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter attended this school for 5 years and my son is presently in the 1st grade. It is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff are kind people who truly care about their students.

Matthew Paterson Elementary School 0

Posted January 22, 2010
My daughter is in Kindergarten at MPES and I am so very happy with the education she is receiving. The staff is so warm and caring and demonstrates how well organized they are every day!!!! I was so worried that my daughter was going to get lost in the shuffle of going to 'Big girl School' that I thought about possibly keeping her back in pre school even though her teaches had reassured me that she was going to be fine. I thought that putting a four and a half year old on a bus in September and waving good bye was insane!!!!! I couldn't imagine not seeing her teacher everyday at pick up and discussing her day. I was very pleasantly surprised at how informed I was about everything that was going on in school. The education she has received has been very impressive. I love MPES

Matthew Paterson Elementary School 0

Posted September 28, 2008
As a former student of MPES, we moved back to our hometown so that our children could also attend this school. It is an excellent school. The teachers are caring and attentive and truly 'teach' these kids. Both of my kids have thrived being at this school. I highly recommend this school!!

Matthew Paterson Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2008

Matthew Paterson Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2007

Matthew Paterson Elementary School 1

Posted January 25, 2007
I was very unhappy with my daughter's experience at MPES. She was not academically challenged in either first or second grade. In addition, the discipline was poor and there was a consistant bully in her class that was not appropriately dealt with. I pulled my child out of MPES for a private school because of these issues and she has thrived.

Posted November 26, 2006
Our son is graduating this year from 4th grade and attended MPES since kindergarten. The principal seems to be very active in the children's educations, and most of the teachers are truly concerned for their students. Emphasis is placed on reading in class and at home and additional homework is given almost every night. The nursing staff is kind and nurturing and the social worker is attentive and thorough. There is an awareness of and 0 tolerance for 'bullying'. Respect for others is a priority that our children are being taught. Our son has grown intellectually and socially here, and we are sorry to say goodbye to MPES!

Posted January 24, 2005
Excellent foundation for young children. The teachers are excellent, have won awards for their capabilities and the principal is hands-on with students. I highly recommend this elementary school to anyone looking for a great start for their children. I'm hoping Extracurricular activities improve with the addition of the new Patterson Community Center.

Matthew Paterson Elementary School
100 South St, Patterson, NY  12563
Last modified Matthew Paterson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Matthew Paterson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top