Bad
Good

Posted May 01, 2014
My wife and I were initially a bit concerned that the school might not be a good fit for our son due to the somewhat lack of diversity. Our child has been attending Prospect Hill for about 2 years now and is having a wonderful time. Students are taught to be caring and respectful. The Principal is a wonderful person and staffs are extremely qualified and caring. My son is fortunate to be attending this school.

Posted November 16, 2013
Wonderful School We are new to the community and moved here for the schools. We could not be more pleased. The Principal and teachers are dedicated and caring about the students. The classes are small, the school is well kept, and my daughter comes home happy each day and looks forward to going back the next. So far, we are impressed and confident we made the right decision to call Pelham home.

Posted October 25, 2013
My school is wonderful. We have a great community and thanks to Deborah Karson, we have beautiful pictures of our kids everywhere.

Prospect Hill School 3

Posted October 25, 2013
The Prinicipal and teachers at Prospect Hill are wonderful. They work hard to engage their students and foster a love for learning. My daughter is excited to go to school everyday. The school psychologist is excellent and they have implemented Anti-bullying as part of the culture. Kids learn to treat each other with respect and how to handle difficult situations. Highly recommend our school.

Posted October 24, 2013
My school is supportive of ways to improve the experience of our students. A new lunchtime chess program was introduced 3 years ago with the support of the principal and PTA. Three years and a new principal later, the program fills up on the first day of registration and there are now 3 offerings. My school has tremendous spirit as shown through the actions of the teachers and principal. My kids love going to Prospect Hill--you can't get better than that.

Posted October 24, 2013
I feel that the teachers and staff at PH really know my child. I love the sense of community there. My daughter loves her teachers and loves learning, and that's what counts!

Prospect Hill School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
Prospect Hill is a great little school. We moved from the city and I was very skeptical of this local public school. We were relieved to learn that the teachers and staff were all seasoned pros. My child was welcomed in the second grade with open arms. We will be sad to leave when my child graduates at the end of the year.

Posted September 27, 2013
My elementary school is the best! From the Principal through the Custodial staff you couldn't find a more friendly learning environment than that of Prospect Hill school. The teachers are caring individuals with such passion for their craft and this love of learning is equally shared by the students. The principal has been in the District for nearly 3 decades and is completely engaged with the student body on a daily basis as well as with the parents whom all look up to him. The school has a very active and strong PTA spearheaded by parents who wish to make a different in their children's learning experience. Finally, the school building and grounds are immaculate due to a wonderful maintenance staff and the structure is sound and magnificent as well. My children are so proud of their school and as a parent, it is a wonderful feeling knowing that each day I am sending them off to an environment that they want to be in!

Posted April 11, 2011
I am now a seventh grader at the middle school, and I loved prospect! It was so much fun, from the volleyball intermurals to our filed trips. my favorite was to Ellis Island. The teachers were great and understanding. Our grade was the first to loop, and even though we were the guinea pigs, we were glad it was us because we loved our 4th grade teachers. The school is amazing, and I'm really glad I went to that elementary school.

Prospect Hill School 4

Posted January 13, 2010
I hope my children are aware of just how fortunate they are to be in a school like Prospect Hill! I strongly concur with the parent who posted a comment on 9 Jan 2007. The playgrounds are fabulous and we can walk to school. Inside, the walls are hung to capacity with student work, celebrating the childrens' education. The teachers typically give far beyond what is required of them, and make learning a fun experience. My gripe is that the Pelham District introduced a NY Standards Based Report Card which does not report, learning or progress, to the parents in a helpful way. I believe the teachers have intimately understood our children, but the report card has no place to comment on the child's learning, the student is reduced to a mere number. This form of reporting does not reflect the learning environment.

Prospect Hill School
1000 Washington Avenue, Pelham Manor, NY  10803
Last modified Prospect Hill School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.