Hutchinson School 4

Posted July 15, 2013
This was my son's first year; 1st grade attending Hutchinson Elementary. The school is diverse in student body, well connected with the community. The teachers are very friendly and intune with students needs, and are always in communication with parents. The school makes a strong effort to keep the parents and student body aware of updates, events and ensures timely notifications of any changes within the school system.

Posted June 24, 2013
Both my kids (now in Middle and High school) attended Hutchinson School. We always loved the highly diverse student body and the amazing teachers and leadership this school has to offer. It truly enriched our lives and our sons', My older kid is an A student and my youngest has a learning disability. Having had such different learners we have experienced first hand the effort they make to engage advanced students and to dramatically improve student's performance with greater needs. Loving, caring, professional... I always felt my kids received a tremendous amount of personal attention. Parents are tremendously active at this school - very involved. And it shows! They are doing a terrific job to support and improve Hutchinson Elementary School. I agree with other parent reviews that they don't get the same level of reputation as other schools in Pelham because of the diverse background of its students. I am also under the impression that most special ed students in Pelham attend Hutchinson School, fact that may have an impact on the school rating based on test results. Certainly teachers are A+++ !! Good job Hutchinson Elementary!!

Posted March 06, 2013
GREAT SCHOOL! The teachers are all just great! They truly want the kids to do well. The principal is also great and she definitely cares about all the kids.

Posted September 30, 2012
This is a fantastic school! Staff and school leadership are extremely caring, professional, and knowledgeable. The teachers are top notch! My child is thriving, and we feel very fortunate to be so welcomed in this school community.

Posted September 28, 2012
this school is SO AWESOME (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is an understatement.) (this is not hyperbole.) (LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hutchinson School 4

Posted June 03, 2011
Hutchinson school is as good as the rest of the Pelham elementary schools but gets a bum rap. It's NYS test scores are somewhat lower due to the more diverse student body that attends the school, not because of less qualified staff or less rigorous academics. It's the only school in Pelham with any real socio-economic/racial diversity, which is an advantage to many parents, since it more closely resembles the real world. My kids are thriving in this school, and so will any other children with involved parents.

Hutchinson School 1

Posted April 27, 2011
There is an obvious reason this grammar school is the only one in the Pelham District that did not score a 10 -- the principal is solely concerned with qualifying why her school's test scores have consistently dropped (blaming transfer students, since they did not attend from K forward and are primarily renters). The office staff is completely unknowledgeable, and tax money is ill spent. There is no accountability.

Posted October 22, 2009

Hutchinson School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
Hutchinson is a wonderful academic school with a great community support. Both of my children are learning and adjusting beautifully.

Hutchinson School 0

Posted July 06, 2008
We love our hutchinson school.We are fortunate to have a wonderful principal and active PTA. The teachers are highly qualified, innovative and motivated. most children live within walking distance of the school,wich give us a strong sense of community . The PTA organises a lunchtime enrichment program offering language, cooking, crafts, dance etc. The curriculum includes art and music every week.

Hutchinson School
301 3rd Ave, Pelham, NY  10803
Last modified Hutchinson School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hutchinson School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top