Posted February 07, 2014
I graduated from this school in 2011, when I was 10, 2 months away from being 11. This is the highest caliber elementary school you can find, so many extra classes like music, (Mrs. Malloy when I went.) Art, with one of the best teachers I ever had, Mr. Gursslin, computer (Gursslin) and library etc... The teachers are great people who really care about the childrens success and there many hardworking kids. They are so tolerant in terms of being able to work with you. I was a difficult child, who always got in trouble (Pretty much the only ill behaved student there) and they fixed me up by the time I went to middle school I knew I had to change and what I wanted to do and now I am an honors student. This is an incredible school. They instill good values at a young age, and can turn any kid around, no matter how bad. By sending your child to this school you are setting them up for success, and one of there teachers even got the golden apple award! (Ms. Doohan.) I was in the class that won the scholastic kids are authors contest, and the teacher of that class Mrs. Kwit (Great teacher) went on to be the principal. Just a few more things to show this schools greatness.

Mendon Center Elementary School 0

Posted February 01, 2008
MCE is an absolutely wonderful school. The teaching, administrative and support staff is superior to all area institutions bar none. I am proud to be affiliated with these awesome people.

Posted June 14, 2006
Highest level of accademics and standards. This school is by far the best school our family has attended. We love the building and the staff. Many of the teachers provide open communication that allows parents to feel connected to the routine of the day. My sons Second grade teacher Mr. John came to sporting events and made a family connection to all of the students. My son also had a wonderful experience in 1st grade with Mrs. Glassman. Pittsford is the place to be to get an excellent education.

Mendon Center Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2006
I love MC Elementary! I believe the quality of the academic programs to be very good. I've been amazed at the number of special classes available for my 1st grader - gym is 3 days a week, music is 2 days a week, computer and art. His teachers are kind, responsive and helpful in providing a great environment for learning social behaviors and academics. My son loves his school! Parent involvement is very high throughout the classrooms, PTSA, and on the playground.

Mendon Center Elementary School 4

Posted September 12, 2005

Mendon Center Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2005

Posted August 24, 2005
Quality of academic programs is excellent. Innovative techniques such as looping have been very helpful for my son. Grade 4-5 prep for middle school excellent, focus on developing study and organization skills and independent learning. School has been cooperative in implementing child's IEP; teachers will advocate for child, though administration can keep the brakes on costly interventions. Extracurriculars average for elementary. Promote excellent programs like Odyssey of MInd, but school system dropped Jr. Achievement which kids/teachers/parents loved as supplemental curriculum to Social Studies in Gr 2-3. High level of parent involvement, especially the stay home moms. More difficult for working parents, but most teachers have been extremely accommodating, making appts early a.m. or lunch hour.

Posted April 28, 2005
- a former student
As a graduate of MCE, I must say that it is quite a fine institution. Mendon Center paved the way for my further education through consistently great teachers and a large amount of extracurricular activities for an elementary school. The faculty there really care about the students, and parent involvment exists to an amazing degree (though I'm not sure if that's a good thing). Providing a solid base in education, Mendon Center certainly paves the way for middle school and beyond.

Posted March 30, 2005
We give this school the highest possible rating - teachers are fantastic - both our kids LOVE school. Every after school program imaginable is available. Parent involvement is outstanding, as there are a lot of stay at home moms.

Posted September 04, 2003

Mendon Center Elementary School
110 Mendon Center Rd, Pittsford, NY  14534
Last modified Mendon Center Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mendon Center Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top