PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

OLM is a fantastic school for those who want to nurture their child spiritually as well as academically. They have made some changes recently in terms of administration and pastor, and are now having more after school activities and events for kids to attend. I highly recommend this school.

My daughter went to Our Lady of Mercy School for 8 years, then went off to finish High School at Kellenberg Memorial Catholic School. If it weren't for the great teachers they have there, she wouldn't be where she is today. After Kellenberg, she went to NYU in Manhattan for 4 years of college and 4 years of medical school. Then became a doctor May 22, 2013 where she is now doing her residency in San Franscisco, California. She got her head start with Sister Mary Beth who was so nice and caring. Sister Joanne was the principal back then and she was absolutely great to deal with, I can't say enough about this school, as all my nieces and nephews went there and became lawyers, nurses and pilots. This Catholic School is the best way to start your kid off. I would high recommend this school to everyone. Mary Faderl/Niedfeld

I am highly impressed with the changes that are taking place at Our Lady of Mercy. Mrs. Harrigan, the principal, holds teachers accountable for their performance and teaching. The teachers are motivated and dedicated to helping every child learn. The curriculum the younger students are using is incredible and appeals to the children. The teachers in the upper grades are vibrant and innovative. There are tons of new after school clubs and activities. As a parent with children in the school, I am confident that Our Lady of Mercy is the best education for my children.

Since sister Joanne left and this new principal took over, this school has gone from a loving nurturing school to a place that seems as warm as an operating room and just as sterile. Mrs Harrigan likes to talk a good game but when questioned on her new policies, she cannot give a straight answer. She shows favoritism to the families with multiple children in the school so she doesn't lose those precious tuition dollars and so her rate of retention doesn't slide as well as the children of board members and the children of the parents who volunteer constantly. Save your money. This school is no better than a bad public school.

Boy this August 31 review is either in denial or can't see the train coming. As a former OLM parent who volunteered ALL the time those reviews are spot on. It's true - at one time it was a great school - but those years are long gone. A change in administration, a change in pastor and some great teachers leaving while other who should be moved stay. I hope you do not currently have children in the school because you will realize what a deficit your children will have when it is too late. History with a teacher who falls asleep in class and nothing is done about it, teachers who are burnt out and constantly scream at the children and behind in math according to all high schools - unfortunately you will find out. This is a great venue - a book can have a great cover - but when you start reading the pages....... Flat out, currently, the school does not prepare the kids for later grades. It did at one time - with a different administration and better teachers - but that was another day. Be careful before you consider enrollment and even continuing.

The posts before this one dated June 28th and May 28th could not be more wrong. It is unfortunate that posts can be made by individuals who never contributed to the school their time other than the time it takes to complain. Mercy student have excelled in high school because of their preparation and the sense of community that is taught. The administration has an open door policy and monitors the behavior of all the children to ensure that respect of others is the key element. There was a recent change in parish pastors and the school received many new student from other schools that had closed. Because of this many of these parents do not contribute their time and talents to the parish as had been over the years. Long and short - this is one of the finest schools for your children. The teachers care, the parish cares and the community cares. This school comes highly recommended and the education is second to none.

This used to be a great school-now it is a sinking ship. The lack of quality teachers at the middle school level, a pastor who considers the school" just another ministry", and a principal with about as much warmth as the iceberg the Titanic hit has pushed this school into a downward spiral. While there are still excellent teachers in the lower grades, the kids are not adequately prepared for high school in the upper grades. As a former OLM parent, I cannot , in good faith, recommend this school unless something is done about the current administration and the middle school/ junior high.

Our lady of Mercy seemed like a caring nurturing community with a small "family" like atmosphere. We thought this would be perfect for our daughter...until she started third grade and faced 6months of relentless bullying from a core group of girls in her class. some of which were her friends the year before I wholeheartedly agree with the posts by other parents who claim that the children of the "superstar wonder parents" club are favored over anyone else. That's the impression I get -this school is a "Club" full of it girls and if you don't fit in or not always living up at the school you will be an OUTSIDER- one thing I have to say I do commend my daughters teacher for taking the right moves to stop the bullying and It helped after my my daughter finally admitted to us what had been happening for months and the real reason she left the activities she loved because of the cruel remarks and being ignored and intentionally left out socially. A final note in my opinion this new mandatory volunteer hours or else is extortion. whats worse -if you owe money for hrs your child will be excluded from all school events even their graduation and no report card. That's not very Christian..

I have a child attending Our Lady of Mercy. I have mixed feelings about the school. There are some teachers at the school that really care about the students. They go above and beyond for the students. There are also some teachers that do not show any enthusiasm and are downright obnoxious. The new principal, Mrs. Harrigan, seems to really care about her students well being. Some of the new policies and procedures are questionable, but since she is relatively new things could change. The school states that they have a zero tolerance for bullying. This is 100% FALSE. From what I have seen, it appears that they have zero tolerance for some students and give second and third chances for others. If it were zero tolerance I could name at least 5 students in my child's grade that would have been expelled a year ago. In fact, I reported 2 bullying incidents personally that I witnessed by the same student and was told that it wasn't bullying. I know the parents of the child that did the bullying and my guess is that the child got a pass because the parents donate a lot of money. Some of the children that attend are really nasty and some of the parents are even worse.

I think students should get a say on this website too after all aren't they the ones going to the school right? This school is horrible. We play in a parking lot. There are no AP classes of any sort. They spend money on the most ridiculous things. The dress code for dress-down day is suffocating. A kid had to call home for another shirt because he was wearing a white t-shirt and it looked too much like an undershirt. We aren't Amish can't we just wear what we want for the one day of the year we get to wear our own cloths? The gym ceiling is too low an the tiles fall out of it constantly, it's dangerous but we can't fix it because we are too busy spending our money on other things. They are always milking money out of our parents if they spent it correctly they'd have enough. The kids here hate this school once they get to 5th grade because they begin to realize what other schools have to offer. Whenever I talk to kids from public school about any subjects because this school failed to teach me the proper material. It's embarrassing to go to this school.

Last modified Our Lady Of Mercy School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8