Pleasantville, NY

Posted July 15, 2012
I feel Pleasantville school district is wonderful with the exception of the Middle school leadership. They need a new principal that has leadership skills, compassion and manners.

Posted September 29, 2010
The principal, Ms. Ossowski, and the guidance counselor, Ms. Brandenberg, are outstanding. They have made significant efforts to accommodate my overachieving son. While there are limits to what can be done in a public school system, I think that this one is among the best that one can hope for as regards the attentiveness of its leaders. There are also some really excellent teachers in the school. So far, I have not found any to be inadequate. Overall, a very good choice.

Pleasantville Middle School 1

Posted March 08, 2010
This is a good school if your child is an overachiever. It's a good school if your child needs special services. It's not a good school if your child is average, and has any kind of maturity issues. The teachers and the adminstration adopt a 'circle the wagons' defensive mode any time you try to voice a concern. Ask one question and they will try and shame you as a 'helicopter parent'. 'It's the child's responsibility', they repeat. Which is fine, but again, if the child were mature enough to recognize their issues, the parent wouldn't need to approach the school in the first place. I think they resent any kind of parent inquiry because they fear the parent might have a good point, there might be mistakes or inadequacies on the part of the staff, and they don't want to hear it. So they 'admit nothing, deny everything'.

Pleasantville Middle School 3

Posted January 26, 2010

Pleasantville Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
We love Pleasantville Middle School because we have great teachers and staff who work hard and many of them year after year take time away to escort our children on wonderful overnight trips in the 7th and 8th grade. We appreciate that and know that we are lucky to still have these programs in place.

Posted September 16, 2009
I think the school is run by alot of dedicated professionals, and of course, there are a few that excel, and a few that just do not make the grade! Overall, the transition from elementary to middle school was fantastic!

Pleasantville Middle School 1

Posted November 09, 2008

Posted September 12, 2007
Our family has had nothing but positive experiences at both Bedford Road School and Pleasantville Middle School. I feel the teachers and the administrative staff do an excellent job balancing educating our children, maintaining a safe enviornment and preparing the students to move on to the next level. After having 2 children, now in 6th and 8th grade, we are absolutely sure that we made the right choice in choosing to send our children through the Pleasantville School District.

Posted July 19, 2007
No I disagree with the reviews read. I believe that the teachers are great. Lessons are tought in great detail, in which students can understand. The science department is fantastic!!! The students get an oppurtunity to fully understand the meaning of science! I would recommend PMS to any parent!

Posted June 17, 2007

Pleasantville Middle School
40 Romer Avenue, Pleasantville, NY  10570
Last modified Pleasantville Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasantville Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top